Thread: 2017 World Series

Post Thanks / Like

2017 World Series

I know, a little early to be thinking and talking about it. The season kicks off next week.
    Who is your choice to win?
    National League?
    American League?
    State your reasons.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    National League - I'll go with the Dodgers, just because nobody repeats much these days. The Cubs are loaded, but they won their once in a century championship last year. The Dodgers looked good last year. The Giants are getting old. The Mets and Nationals will also be in the hunt.
    American League - I'll take the Cleveland Indians, but only if Michael Brantley is back in the lineup. The pitching staff should carry them to another Central Division championship. My real question mark is their OF. They let Coco Crisp and Rajah Davis go - both old timers although Davis did lead the AL in stolen bases. Will Tyler Naquin build on his good rookie year in CF or crash in his soph campaign? Will Jose Ramirez hit over .300 again at 3B? If it all comes together for them they will win 100+ easily. Boston added pitching, but lost David Ortiz. The Tigers fizzled, as did KC. Texas and Houston may make a lot of noise.
    Gonna be interesting.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    National League - Same old, same old this year. The Cardinals will play the Giants. I do worry about the Cubs repeating. Theo Epstein is a genius and the Cubs are solid, but it is a long season and I think the Cubs will put too much pressure on themselves.

American League. I think the Astros will play the Blue Jays. I think Cleveland and Boston will be a big disappointment this year along with the Angels.

The National League will take the all star game seriously and the Giants will win the World Series. If the blue Jays do win the world series it too will be Trump's fault.
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

4. LOL CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think the Baltimore Terrapins will go all the way this year.
    Or maybe the Montreal Expos.
    Last edited by kantwin; March 29th, 2017 at 11:19 AM.

6. LOL CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Actually, I was kind of hoping for the Philadelphia Athletics to take it all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kantwin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think the Baltimore Terrapins will go all the way this year.
    Or maybe the Montreal Expos.
    Wow, and here I thought you were a Seattle Pilots guy...
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

9. LOL CenTexDave, kantwin LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oakland Athletics (AL) Sean Manaea looks like he’s going to be at least a solid No. 3 and probably more. Sonny Gray can’t be as bad as he was last year. Kendall Graveman gobbles innings. Khris Davis hit 40 home runs. Ryon Healy has legitimate thunder, too. Stephen Vogt is a good player at a position with so few. And more than anything, the A’s in the past have made something of nothing.

San Diego Padres (NL) I’m not so sure they are the worst team in the majors. You have to squint to see the talent, but it’s there. Wil Myers has developed into a good player, Yangervis Solarte is a strong hitter and both Manuel Margot and Hunter Renfroe will have chances to impress next season. The Cubs won the World Series in 2016. Stranger things have happened!

Who cares! There's no money riding on these picks.
    "A boy cannot become a girl and a man cannot become a woman, not even if he shuts his eyes and wishes really hard."

11. LOL CenTexDave, Night Owl LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yankees vs Mets.
    Angels vs Dodgers.

Reason. It would make Major League Baseball even less popular than it has become.

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

13. LOL CenTexDave, fchafey LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Got to watch some of opening day yesterday and was able to see Madison Baumgartner hit 2 home runs against the D-Backs. Giants wound up losing 6-5, but Baumgardner is the first pitcher to ever hit 2 home runs on opening day. The Giants roster him in the 8th spot when he starts. I think that's pretty neat and pretty much why I am not a DH fan.
    John Daly

15. Likes CenTexDave liked this post