Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12

Thread: Avian Flu Making a comeback in 2017

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mestral View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    C Auris, for those not already familiar with it, is a fungus.
    What others have said about it on here is essentially 100% correct.
    correct, an internal fungi microbe and it will take a better anti body than what we have now to kill it......it's only a matter of time.....but even then, it may and prob'ly will mutate into another form, perhaps more deadly, perhaps harmless.....mac
    Last edited by mac; April 14th, 2019 at 12:09 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    What gets me about C Auris is just how much it spreads to everything, and is impossible to kill.

They had a story about some guy in a NYC hospital where when he finally dies, they found it in his clothes, the air conditioner ducting, the ceiling tiles, and all the linen and clothes. Supposedly this bug has to be found down to the last molecule, and then I wonder what they do with what they snag.
    We have met the enemy and he is us... POGO

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sojourner truth View Post
    What gets me about C Auris is just how much it spreads to everything, and is impossible to kill.

They had a story about some guy in a NYC hospital where when he finally dies, they found it in his clothes, the air conditioner ducting, the ceiling tiles, and all the linen and clothes. Supposedly this bug has to be found down to the last molecule, and then I wonder what they do with what they snag.
    I didn't know the bug could live outside the body......but, in any case, it's not impossible to kill. We just ain't found the right antibiotic yet........hell, we may find it this afternoon!......mac

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    I didn't know the bug could live outside the body......but, in any case, it's not impossible to kill. We just ain't found the right antibiotic yet........hell, we may find it this afternoon!......mac
    Yes, it can live outside of the body, no it isn't impossible to kill, just difficult,
    but impossible to kill in or on a human body, without killing the human.

We went through the same vocabulary difficulty with Ebola (please open
    a different thread if you want to discuss Ebola at length), since the first reports
    discussed how survivable it is, and it turned out to be easy to disinfect things,
    outside of the body. (But disastrous if you failed to disinfect... )
    Last edited by Mestral; April 14th, 2019 at 4:47 PM.
    I don't mind being called far right.
    I have been right so far.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, part of the problem I have read about in the case of C Auris is that it still has not become a widespread threat. Mostly found in larger cities, go figure, and probably originating in Asia, as are most viruses.

And eventually there may be a cure for it... But I still like the theory of Darwins Radio that declares there will some day be a virus that we will not be able to find a cure for until it is too late. Not that I really like the prospect, but the theory makes sense. Sort of like nature creating a better idiot but with the virus as the new villain.

We still know very little, or at least very little has been told to the public, about this virus so it is early for mass hysteria. But it is something that we may need to keep a close eye on and hope that science can find a cure for before the disease finds a cure for humanity.

With most viruses that science cannot outpace, there will be humans that survive because their bodies find an antidote. This is also known as evolution. They will be the next iteration of the human race. Just think back to the Black Plague and what happened afterward. We became immune to most of the disease results, but when we migrated to the new world, the natives succumbed by the score.

6. Likes Night Owl liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    C. auris is not a virus. It is a fungus.

Extra Ecclesiam Nulla Salus

Post Thanks / Like
    We got a fungus among us....

9. Likes Ricky liked this post
    LOL Ricky LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    We got a fungus among us....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails thats-a-fact-jack.jpg  
    The art of being wise is the art of knowing what to overlook.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12