Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sciatica

Cedarwhackerville, Bell County-7 Generations
    Post Thanks / Like
    After PT and cortisone shots, I had the rotator cuff surgery a month ago. It's not for sissies.
    Y'ALL MEANS ALL.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Grammar Rules View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    After PT and cortisone shots, I had the rotator cuff surgery a month ago. It's not for sissies.
    I've had eleven shoulder reconstructive surgeries. Six on the right and five on the left. Was told last week that the left is tore up again. This time it's the labrum. That's bad news. Had that on the right several times. It's not fun.

I see the surgeon on Monday.

He mentioned the possibility of a replacement after the last surgery. Not looking forward to any of this.

3. Saddened by sickofpc is saddened by this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dude.....
    You broke......

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I've had eleven shoulder reconstructive surgeries. Six on the right and five on the left. Was told last week that the left is tore up again. This time it's the labrum. That's bad news. Had that on the right several times. It's not fun.

I see the surgeon on Monday.

He mentioned the possibility of a replacement after the last surgery. Not looking forward to any of this.
    rick: what caused your rotator cuff to act up or go bad.....any idea?....mac

Post Thanks / Like
    Damn, I really appreciate all the good advice, but....kind of sorry I asked now. I didn't realize we are all breaking down so badly !!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    rick: what caused your rotator cuff to act up or go bad.....any idea?....mac
    The right? No specific injury, probably from a good part of 20 years as a tank mechanic. Those parts are heavy...lol

The first surgery was done by an Army Major who was more concerned about his country music career than he was being an orthopedic surgeon and when he went in to fix it, he did a clavicle resection and when he cut the bone, he left a jagged piece of bone that caught the rotator cuff and just kept tearing it while I was recovering and doing PT. He also missed that the labrum was torn.

The left, I twisted it completely out of socket when I was strapping something to my truck when the ground was wet and I was holding the strap and was trying to maintain my footing as my body twisted around until it snapped out of socket. Talk about pain.

Was operated on a year later and all was good until I was awaiting surgery on the right and had to change a tire on my car and felt a tear. They have been trying to fix it with some pretty radical surgeries. The biceps tendon has been attached and reattached lower twice now.

FYI, tendon surgeries are painful.

8. Saddened by sickofpc is saddened by this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rick, I feel for you. My cousin used to pitch for Rice University and had a promising career ahead of him. ...I was watching him pitch one day..he threw a fast ball..and collapsed in pain on the mound...with a torn rotator cuff. The pain was horrible for him, and. ...he was never the same.
    Last edited by sickofpc; March 2nd, 2017 at 6:12 AM.

10. Thanks Rick thanked this post
    Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Ya, throwing is not a fun activity anymore and I used to have a pretty good arm.

Cedarwhackerville, Bell County-7 Generations
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sorry you have to go through it again, Rick. I'm whining because of just this one repair a month ago.
    Y'ALL MEANS ALL.

13. Thanks Rick thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sickofpc View Post
    Does anyone know some good ways to handle sciatica and manage the pain?

Before surgery I would find a talented Yogi and learn some stretches. It may become a daily routine to alleviate pain and then prevent. Good luck.

15. Thanks sickofpc thanked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast