Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Transgender teen wins state championship

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by onetime View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Mac your spitting out misinformation, kids can pray all they want, they just can't be led by the coach in a mandatory or voluntary prayer.
    So they can't pray all they want. You just stated they can't in the very same sentence where you said they can pray all they want. Now who's spitting out misinformation?

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

Cedarwhackerville, Bell County-7 Generations
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Owl View Post
    So they can't pray all they want. You just stated they can't in the very same sentence where you said they can pray all they want. Now who's spitting out misinformation?
    Hooter, let me give examples. I worked at Ellison. For a time there was a kid they called Preacher. He led a voluntary group of kids in testimonials and prayers in the hall before class most mornings. No problem.

If, on the other hand, one of the teachers had called kids together and said it was time to pray and then led them in his religion's prayers (could be Unitarian, Jewish, Muslim, Baptist), then that becomes coercive or compelling.

There's a difference between voluntary and directed prayer.

Plus any kid can pray silently or quietly with a friend or friends pretty much any time such gathering and quietness is allowed. And every morning there's a moment of silence after the Pledges.
    Last edited by Grammar Rules; March 1st, 2017 at 6:47 AM.
    Y'ALL MEANS ALL.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Grammar Rules View Post
    Hooter, let me give examples. I worked at Ellison. For a time there was a kid they called Preacher. He led a voluntary group of kids in testimonials and prayers in the hall before class most mornings. No problem.

If, on the other hand, one of the teachers had called kids together and said it was time to pray and then led them in his religion's prayers (could be Unitarian, Jewish, Muslim, Baptist), then that becomes coercive or compelling.

There's a difference between voluntary and directed prayer.

Plus any kid can pray silently or quietly with a friend or friends pretty much any time such gathering and quietness is allowed. And every morning there's a moment of silence after the Pledges.
    Thanks for helping make my point to onetime. A student can't pray anytime they want to.

Please explain where voluntary and directed prayer is covered in the Constitution? This taking of our rights has been going on for decades.

4. Likes sickofpc, CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why is it that liberals can't read and can't comprehend what the read once they learn how? I think most of them still move their lips when reading.

There is is a reason I asked this question.

The US Contitution states clearly that there is separation between church and state and that the STATE cannot pick a church/religion as the STATEs church. Nowhere does it hint at or actually say that a church cannot be involved with STATE matters. If the state allowed one specified religion to represent the state then it would be unconstitional. Allowing organized prayer at a sporting event, school gathering.........is not unconstitutional.

All this crying by liberals and their cohorts on the highest court in the land that have allowed no prayer in public schools is unconstitutional.

6. Thanks CenTexDave thanked this post
    Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Much like we have had Presidents who have had trouble defining "is", we have widely different definitions out there of 'separation'
    "My days of not taking you seriously have come to a middle."
    ~ Captain Malcolm Reynolds

8. Thanks Grammar Rules thanked this post
    LOL CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    It is simple. Was he born a boy? Yes. Does his DNA say he's a boy? To the boys bathroom he goes. Deviant behavior should not be rewarded.
    I was a chain restaurant recently that has some interesting restroom door labels. The chain is called 'Chicken Salad Chick', and does some pretty good chicken salad and chicken salad sandwiches...

Anyhoo...the doors to the restrooms are labeled 'Chicks'...and 'Chick Magnets'...
    Made me stop and think...at no time in my life have I ever been a "chick magnet", based on the common definition of the term...but there have been a couple of times where someone has called me a 'chick' due to my tastes in restaurant food and cars...
    "Argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says." 'Argument Clinic', Monty Python's Flying Circus

10. LOL Grammar Rules, Night Owl LOL'd at this post
    Cedarwhackerville, Bell County-7 Generations
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hooter, NO one can stand up in the middle of a classroom test or lecture and start preaching or praying out loud. You also can't do that during a court hearing or a city council meeting.

There's free speech and there's free exercise, but there's also decorum and disturbing the peace.
    Last edited by Grammar Rules; March 2nd, 2017 at 8:54 AM. Reason: OMG y'all! You know it was a typo. PEACE!
    Y'ALL MEANS ALL.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Grammar Rules View Post
    Hooter, NO one can stand up in the middle of a classroom test or lecture and start preaching or praying out loud. You also can't do that during a court hearing or a city council meeting.

There's free speech and there's free exercise, but there's also decorum and disturbing the pea
    Don't disturb the pea you might get wet.

13. LOL Grammar Rules, kantwin, CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't disturb the pea you might get wet.
    maybe she meant "disturbing the piece".......mac (groan)

15. LOL Night Owl, Ricky, Grammar Rules LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gnatsum View Post
    I was a chain restaurant recently that has some interesting restroom door labels. The chain is called 'Chicken Salad Chick', and does some pretty good chicken salad and chicken salad sandwiches...

Anyhoo...the doors to the restrooms are labeled 'Chicks'...and 'Chick Magnets'...
    Made me stop and think...at no time in my life have I ever been a "chick magnet", based on the common definition of the term...but there have been a couple of times where someone has called me a 'chick' due to my tastes in restaurant food and cars...
    When was you a chain restaurant?

17. LOL Grammar Rules, kantwin, CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast