Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Transgender teen wins state championship

Post Thanks / Like

Transgender teen wins state championship

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-w...g-championship

Curious what others view is on this topic and the bathrooms. I'd like to think I'm sympathetic to others plights but it's not fair for a girl transitioning to become a boy taking hormones to wrestle other girls. Nor would it be fair for a boy transitioning to become a girl to wrestle girls. Does anyone have a reason why that should be accepted that I'm missing seems to be a fraction on this topic. The other issue is bathrooms, I don't think it'd be good for parents with kids to especially girls to worry about a random man that doesn't identify as being transgender creeping into bathrooms.

2. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was waiting for someone to post this. I guess I have an issue with the fact that girls wrestle, play hockey, and fight. JMO. I get equality, but do we really have to be equal every which way? I agree with your thoughts though about transitioning people. We are dealing with that very issue right now. Interesting how people are.

I remember when Dr. Richard Raskind became Renee Richards and sought to compete on the women's tennis circuit. I have to look up the exact tournament, but she won it both as a man and couple years later as a woman after she won the right to play on the women's circuit. Kind of faded away after that, but was able to have the requisite 15 minutes of fame.
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

4. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by onetime View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-w...g-championship

Curious what others view is on this topic and the bathrooms. I'd like to think I'm sympathetic to others plights but it's not fair for a girl transitioning to become a boy taking hormones to wrestle other girls. Nor would it be fair for a boy transitioning to become a girl to wrestle girls. Does anyone have a reason why that should be accepted that I'm missing seems to be a fraction on this topic. The other issue is bathrooms, I don't think it'd be good for parents with kids to especially girls to worry about a random man that doesn't identify as being transgender creeping into bathrooms.
    Our society is rewarding deviant people for being deviant And the real sad part is a great number of people support them. Wondering...........if someone supports deviant behavior, does that make them deviant also? I know my answer.

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

6. Likes sickofpc, CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    What gets me is that there are people who say we should allow the transgender to use the bathroom of their choice so they feel comfortable.
    What about the ones that are uncomfortable BECAUSE the transgenders are using the same bathroom?

A few years go, I recall reading a story (or maybe it was just hypothesizing) about a male that identified as female competing in high school track. The sanctioning body of the sport in that state said this person could compete with the females, and won the state meet in whatever event it was. In my opinion, that was extremely unfair to the female competitors - I imagine there were some scholarships that might have been lost because a female didn't win the state meet since a male competed with the females and won.

8. Thanks Night Owl thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is no way that guy/girl should have been allowed to wrestle like he/she did. Of course, the PC, Civil Rights issues were adhered to. What a sad shame and example of how screwed up we have become.

10. Thanks Night Owl thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, only the transgenedered have rights. The rest of us... Have to shut up and take whatever the left decides is OK, right?

Kind of reminds me of praying before a sporting event. One person doesn't like it and millions have to shut up and be silent.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

12. Thanks Night Owl thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    From what I read, the student wanted to compete with the boys but Texas law said no. Texas said she had to compete against her actual gender, she couldn't wrestle boys. Maybe in this case the bathroom bill got it wrong.

Post Thanks / Like
    The world is about choices.
    This individual wanted to wrestle.
    This individual wanted to be a boy.
    The rules say that this individual could not wrestle as a boy.
    This individual knew that.
    This individual made a choice that was contrary to the rules.
    This individual should not have been allowed to compete as a girl because this individual chose to identify as a boy.
    This individual's choice took away other individuals chances because this individual was selfish.
    Those other individuals didn't have a choice because of this individual's choices.
    And that's just plain wrong.

This individual should have chosen either to be a boy and not wrestle, or to be a girl and wrestle.
    Last edited by kantwin; February 28th, 2017 at 8:13 AM.

Cedarwhackerville, Bell County-7 Generations
    Post Thanks / Like
    We used to call these girls Tomboys and Jocks.

She wrestled girls. She's genetically a girl,

The rest is just nomenclature.
    Y'ALL MEANS ALL.

16. LOL Night Owl LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sped1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    From what I read, the student wanted to compete with the boys but Texas law said no. Texas said she had to compete against her actual gender, she couldn't wrestle boys. Maybe in this case the bathroom bill got it wrong.
    That's tough because you can't have it the other way around, the rule of football doesn't apply in these cases because everyone is provided with an outlet.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast