Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Transgender teen wins state championship

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Yve View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Students using performance enhancing drugs would have been disqualified. Steroid use is not allowed. If one wants to change their gender they get to bypass the rules everyone else has to follow?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
    Medically allowed yes

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    i heard an interesting take on this the other night at a rotating poker club or group that i play with. he was 'supposing' that it might be unfair for athletes to pray befor an event for help......that it may make the event unfair to the other team, or competitors..... that the event should be man to man, one on one, etc.......no help from performance enhancing drugs, growth hormones or God......mac
    Mac your spitting out misinformation, kids can pray all they want, they just can't be led by the coach in a mandatory or voluntary prayer.

3. Thanks fchafey thanked this post
    Cedarwhackerville, Bell County-7 Generations
    Post Thanks / Like
    So this kid should either use the girls' restroom/locker room and wrestle girls or use the boys' restroom/locker room and wrestle boys.

Glad I don't have to make policy. No right answer.
    Y'ALL MEANS ALL.

5. Thanks Dagobert II, FieryPrincess thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally Posted by Dagobert II
    Suppose the "handicap" were something other than gender identity that could be remedied with what might be a performance enhancing prosthesis, should that person be prevented from competing?

absolutely!

You know, Dago, it's prob'ly just me and prob'ly wrong but there's something very distasteful, inappropriate, almost revolting about letting this creep wrestle with and even pin young nubile girls to the mat......it's just flat out wrong......mac
    So to be consistent, athletes should be prevented from wearing corrective lenses for myopia if that assists them in shooting their target, catching a ball or keeping their car on the track, correct?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Yve View Post
    Students using performance enhancing drugs would have been disqualified. Steroid use is not allowed. If one wants to change their gender they get to bypass the rules everyone else has to follow?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
    My question requires a knowledge of UIL rules and physiology that someone might have so I'll put it out there for anyone that might have that knowledge.

Do UIL rules prohibit the presence of ANY potentially performance enhancing chemical in the body of an athlete even if prescribed by a doctor? Given hormonal levels will vary from individual to individual and from time to time in any given individual, are hormonal levels of UIL athletes tested and is there a range of levels that must be maintained to qualify for competition in a specific gender?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by onetime View Post
    Did you read the article? It's a girl versus girl that is transitioning to be a boy. She was born a girl
    It's even easier. It's a deviant girl that's taking drugs to become more like a boy (since she can never really become a boy) and those drugs make her stronger vs a girl that knows and wants to be a girl.

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Grammar Rules View Post
    So this kid should either use the girls' restroom/locker room and wrestle girls or use the boys' restroom/locker room and wrestle boys.

Glad I don't have to make policy. No right answer.
    There certainly is a right answer. She is and always will be a girl. You can't change her DNA.

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

10. Likes Ricky liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    There really is no easy answer. Here in Alaska, under the shadow of th 9th circuit court, we allow the kids to compete where they identify. We're the state that had a boy who identifies as a girl compete with the girls and win a state title.
    "My days of not taking you seriously have come to a middle."
    ~ Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by onetime View Post
    Mac your spitting out misinformation, kids can pray all they want, they just can't be led by the coach in a mandatory or voluntary prayer.
    and......what 'misinformation' did I spit out? Just curious.....mac

Post Thanks / Like
    and......what 'misinformation' did I spit out? Just curious.....mac
    I qouted what you said, I then typed up the statement you made with a correction to it.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast