Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Lessons learned

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wow!....that's news to me. why isn't it?.....mac
    Have you watched television lately? Been on the internet other than these boards? What do you see when you go out in public?

The "good 'ol days" don't exist in the present, what we were taught and learned is a far cry from what our children learn now, especially as they enter their teenage years. We can control to a greater extent what our children are exposed to when they're younger, but as they get older their "peers" are a greater influence on them than their parents are. Unless I wanted to home-school them and keep them locked in the house with no outside influence, there's not much other choice. Doing so would do more harm than good and make them ill prepared to enter the world when they inevitably fly from the nest. It is a cruel world, and getting worse every day. That's why creating a strong foundation is so important when they're young, but our blessing and curse is that of choice. In all honesty it scares me to death, but this is the world we live in now and there's not much chance of it going back, only forward. Is forward better? From my viewpoint at the moment, absolutely not, but that's my own perspective and I'm certain that not everyone has the same one as I do. I guarantee that people who believe they have angels for teenage children are wearing blinders, or worse yet, don't want to know the truth.

Change is the only constant as we all know, and I'm relatively sure that some of that change does not sit as well with many of us as we age because people have, and always will, fear change. Open any history book and you'll see that change has been a major contributor to conflict.

Do I have to agree with my daughters changes? Nope. Do I have to accept that she will make her own choices and will have to suffer the consequences? Yup.
    Last edited by skindog; February 10th, 2017 at 8:52 PM.
    Common sense is not as common as you'd think...

2. Likes sickofpc, CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Ludwig wrote: Jesus answered, Thou couldest have no power at all against me, except it were given thee from above: therefore he that delivered me unto thee hath the greater sin (John 19:11, KJV).
    Thanks. While I do not agree with your
    interpretation of some (maybe most)
    of the Bible, I still appreciate that you
    try to help.
    Last edited by Mestral; February 11th, 2017 at 10:58 AM.
    I don't mind being called far right.
    I have been right so far.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mestral View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thanks. While I do not agree with your
    interpretation of some (maybe most)
    of the Bible, I still appreciate that you
    try to help.
    Other than the first 11 Chapters of Genesis, Matthew 16, and John 6, we probably agree on 85 percent of the interpretations though we may not equally live them out.
    "A boy cannot become a girl and a man cannot become a woman, not even if he shuts his eyes and wishes really hard."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3