Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Happy Birthday CenTexTalk.com

Post Thanks / Like
    As normal, I was a day late and a dollar short, literally. But I am in the first 30 to join. On a side note, CTT and my Dad have the same birthday.

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome! I have truly enjoyed my time on CTT. Great place to discuss and release the tension of feeling powerless. Say Rick, how about some stats? Like how many active people (post at least once a month)? How many total posts?
    "A boy cannot become a girl and a man cannot become a woman, not even if he shuts his eyes and wishes really hard."

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    The Statistics available from the Board, itself say

Threads 20,709
    Posts 415,166
    Members 3,318

It also says that 75 members have visited in the past 24 hours and 19 of those posted. I do know that at least two people run cloaked, so those numbers should probably be 77 members, and 21 posted, I think.

Around 185 members have visited in the past month. Including 9 new sign-ups and about 17 others who have never posted. I don't know how to get stats for how many post in a month, but that would be of interest. (Statistically, I would guess about 40 people posted in the past month.)

I notice participation in all of forums ( the ones I watch) is down. I suspect the masses would rather get fake news from Facebook and Google (who actively filter some of the truth out of their news services) rather than learn the truth.
    Last edited by Mestral; January 31st, 2017 at 7:34 AM.
    I don't mind being called far right.
    I have been right so far.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    User numbers are misleading since there are a lot of spambots that register and I ban them shortly after they do. They don't show up in the member list, so the actual new users is correct. The total number isn't.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    User numbers are misleading since there are a lot of spambots that register and I ban them shortly after they do. They don't show up in the member list, so the actual new users is correct. The total number isn't.
    You are correct, I forgot about that.
    So the correct number of members is 2951, not 3,318.
    And it would be even less if we didn't count the 1736 that never made even one post.

Then the number of "contributing" members would be 1215,
    Plus or minus however many don't show up because they are in the witness protection program
    I don't mind being called far right.
    I have been right so far.

Post Thanks / Like
    Has it been that long already? Wow.
    Happy Birthday to this place!
    "Argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says." 'Argument Clinic', Monty Python's Flying Circus

7. Thanks Rick thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mestral View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You are correct, I forgot about that.
    So the correct number of members is 2951, not 3,318.
    And it would be even less if we didn't count the 1736 that never made even one post.

Then the number of "contributing" members would be 1215,
    Plus or minus however many don't show up because they are in the witness protection program
    Some people just want to read the posts, not make posts themselves. Heard a rumor that some (a couple? a few? cough cough) City of Killeen employees and maybe a similar number of Killeen Daily Herald employees "monitor" this site for "intelligence purposes" (guess they find it...LOL).
    "Argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says." 'Argument Clinic', Monty Python's Flying Circus

Post Thanks / Like
    Happy Birthday and thanks to Rick and the original folks who set this up.

10. Thanks Rick thanked this post
    Likes Rick liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2