Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: CFP Championship Game - Bama vs Clemson

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sickofpc View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ST, I understand forward progress, I didn't think he ever reached that spot,.. but... maybe he did...

Yep... Evidently the replay officials did as well... Tough loss, and it would have been nice for a true freshman to be able to say he won the CFP, but not to be.

Maybe Tide will roll a little better next year. Lord knows they have plenty of talent.

And there was a ton of aggression on that field last night. I think Clemson was a bit overwhelmed by the passion of the first half.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

2. Saddened by sickofpc is saddened by this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's the thing, ST,.....they DIDN't replay it, they didn't check it..the announcers alluded to that..saying they couldn't believe Alabama didn't challenge the spot.
    Last edited by sickofpc; January 10th, 2017 at 5:25 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    As for Clemson being overwhelmed by the passion of the first half...I think Alabama just out muscled them the first half. The second half, Alabama lost their stud running back, which didn't help, and the offense was was not very potent, to say the least. Alabama's defense had to stay on the field, chasing Watson, defending against Clemson's passing game, and I think they just lost their intensity. They were tired, you could see it...and a maybe a little confused at times by Clemson's offense. It looked to me like Clemson wore them down.

5. Thanks CenTexDave thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Something I noticed today -
    The sun came up.
    It wasn't the end of the world.

Roll TIDE!

7. Thanks sojourner truth thanked this post
    Likes Night Owl, CenTexDave, fchafey liked this post
    LOL Night Owl LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kantwin View Post
    Something I noticed today -
    The sun came up.
    It wasn't the end of the world.

Roll TIDE!
    I heard it was cloudy and gloomily all over alabamie all day today. However, from what I heard the sun was bright and enjoyable all around Tigger country.

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

Post Thanks / Like
    Now it has been reported that Bo Scarbrough broke a bone in his leg when he was injured in the game last night. Hope he heals well and will be ready for next year.

Post Thanks / Like
    kantwin, you are right of course. ...When I was playing, we lost a big, important game. I was down,... really, really down. My father took me out to eat afterward...We were sitting in the restaurant talking, and he looked at me and told me, "Son, I know that game was very, very important to you and your teammates, but the sun will come up tomorrow...and you will go on. It's going to be ok"......There was just something about the way he said it....I will always remember him telling me that.
    Last edited by sickofpc; January 10th, 2017 at 7:20 PM.

11. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Owl View Post
    I heard it was cloudy and gloomily all over alabamie all day today. However, from what I heard the sun was bright and enjoyable all around Tigger country.
    You heard wrong.
    Most people that I came in contact with were just fine. Because we know there will be other chances. And it won't be long before those chances are here.

13. Likes Night Owl liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sickofpc View Post
    kantwin, you are right of course. ...When I was playing, we lost a big, important game. I was down,... really, really down. My father took me out to eat afterward...We were sitting in the restaurant talking, and he looked at me and told me, "Son, I know that game was very, very important to you and your teammates, but the sun will come up tomorrow...and you will go on. It's going to be ok"......There was just something about the way he said it....I will always remember him telling me that.
    {thumbs up!}

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kantwin View Post
    You heard wrong.
    Most people that I came in contact with were just fine. Because we know there will be other chances. And it won't be long before those chances are here.
    Eight months is too long. Already starting to have withdrawal symptoms.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

16. LOL Night Owl LOL'd at this post
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast