Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: CFP Championship Game - Bama vs Clemson

Post Thanks / Like

CFP Championship Game - Bama vs Clemson

Getting close - Monday, Jan 9 at 7PM CST.
    Who wins and why??
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Alabama...because they are...Alabama. Seriously, just think they are a little stronger...both offensively and defensively.

Post Thanks / Like
    "Not so fast", as Lee Corso would say.
    IMO they have the best QB in college ball. Yeah, he'll toss and INT once in a while, but sure seems to make up for it.
    Clemson's defense crushed Ohio State, a team that was averaging over 40 points per game.
    If Bama's freshman QB is forced to pass, pass and pass some more it could get real interesting.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dave, ..maybe. I do look for it to be a war, but I think Alabama's big, strong, fast backs..behind their talented offensive line, will get their yardage against Clemson. You never know in a game in a game like this...Just remembering the kick return by Auburn to win..and Vince Young's performance in probably the best game I have ever seen.

5. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    RollTIDE

Post Thanks / Like
    The pressure is on Clemson to try and win again against Alabama. I see the same script playing out like the Washington game. It will certainly be more of a home game for 'Bama being in Tampa. I hope ol' Brent Fussmucker isn't commentating.....
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

Post Thanks / Like
    Chafey, I really think that there is much more pressure on Alabama to win than Clemson...I like both programs. Swinney has built Clemson into a powerhouse, as Saban has built Alabama into the program that it is...Can't see it being like the Washington game, I think it will be much closer and more of a war.....and why will it be more of a home game for Clemson, Chafey? Do you not think Clemson will sell out their share of tickets with all of their supporters?

Post Thanks / Like
    I am of the belief that teams like Clemson, VA Tech, BYU, Washington, don't travel well. The powers that be wanted an Alabama-OSU match up. Except for OSU puked on that day. OSU travels well, very well, in fact Notre Dame well. If the game were being played during the holiday season, then maybe Clemson would sell their share. Tuscaloosa to Tampa is a 9.5 hour drive, probably 6 hours for Red Necks. I think like the Washington game, Clemson will be ahead or tied, and it will be close, then Clemson will make a mistake and Alabama will pounce, like Washington. There is no pressure on Alabama, to me, maybe to repeat, that's it. Saban and his team have a confident smugness about them it seems. It will be good to watch, but like hockey, basketball and baseball, this has gone on too long. What will help this game is there is no MNF, most people in the country west of the Mississippi don't care about this game. College football should have been over New Year's night.
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

10. Likes Night Owl liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Chafey, Clemson is 13-1, so they must travel pretty well, I would think. OSU travels well?..It didn't seem like OSU traveled very well against Clemson, did it....Do you really think that Clemson won't sell out their allotted tickets? Come on, Chafey, they could probably sell twice what they will be given and in a lot of instances their fans will be disappointed when they can't get tickets... Did you see how many supporters from PSU were at the Rose Bowl?...I think, from what you have said, that you are getting the Washington game, and the playoffs, confused.........Clemson doesn't have the pressure to win like Alabama...they are the underdogs, they are supposed to lose. Alabama is the favorite and returning champion. They are supposed to win...and...Chafey, "most" people west of the Mississippi don't care about this game? Really, Chafey? I strongly disagree. I think there will be a lot of interest, especially in a little town called Vegas, even moreso since Clemson shamed Ohio State...I do agree the season is a long one, too long, but I would think that most people want the bowl games played before the playoffs, or the bowl games would lose much of their meaning. JMI, of course.
    Last edited by sickofpc; January 6th, 2017 at 11:05 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Their game last year was a classic and close. Think it will be the same this time around.

13. Likes sickofpc liked this post
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast