Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: The Ultimate Texas BBQ Road Trip

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sickofpc View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The very best BBQ in the state...especially the ribs....the Country Tavern in Kilgore. The ribs are unbelievable...I am usually not a big rib eater, but I am there. ..If you are ever in the area, go to Canton Trades Days, or whatever, try it if you possibly can....If you do eat there, you will always compare everything else to the Country Tavern. It's that good.
    i haven't been up there in quite a while but they do, indeed, have awful good chow there....will prob'ly be headin' up there this spring to pick up some hardy tools.....mac
    Live as if you were living a second time, and as though you had acted wrongly the first time.

Post Thanks / Like
    mac, did you have the ribs when you ate there?..They are unbelievably good..I can see you in the Country Tavern, enjoying the ribs, their great potato salad, the fixings, and maybe a very cold bottled beverage or two, if you like that sort of drink with your BBQ,.. or maybe sweet tea?...Did you see the wall where they have all the pics of the famous people that have eaten there? Amazing, since it is fairly small and in such an out of the way place....
    Last edited by sickofpc; January 6th, 2017 at 5:05 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    After the Austin Boat Show at the Austin Convention Center, my wife and I went next door to Iron Works BBQ and it was great. We shared the sampler plate with beef ribs, sausage, and brisket. It was plenty for the two of us for lunch. The plate with two sides and drinks cost $23.00.

We only saw a couple of snowflakes from the Angry Liberal Women's Protest in there which was surprising since they are supposed to be plant eaters...haha

4. Likes fchafey liked this post
    LOL CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Micklethwaite BBQ in East Austin (right down the street from Franklin's BBQ) is excellent BBQ. Its a Food Trailer just like La Barbecue, but their Beef Ribs is worth the visit. But get their early because their beef ribs sell out fast.

6. Thanks fchafey thanked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3