Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Weather Banner

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I have it mounted on a fence post behind the pool for now. I wanted to make sure it works before I permanently mount it.

I will probably put it on a 10' pole a little further down the fence line. I'll have to move the Smart Hub closer to the back of the house so that it will connect to the internet, but that won't be an issue.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Thanks fchafey, Mestral thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fchafey View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It works very well, surprisingly on the government machine. I have an old weather station I got years ago from Sharper image. Pretty simple. I looked at yours on amazon and am wondering where a good spot to mount that anomoneter(sp) contraption would be. Looks pretty cool though. Sam's often has sales on Folgers Dark Roast and they cost 29 cents a cup for their box of 84. That is about the best I can find.
    Sharper image has some really neat toys... and they are mighty proud of them too... I like getting their catalog as do I the ones from Vermont Country store (which carries items that you thought were out of production long ago) and Wireless. Also a high end catalog where things are unique and costly.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

4. Thanks fchafey thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sojourner truth View Post
    Sharper image has some really neat toys... and they are mighty proud of them too... I like getting their catalog as do I the ones from Vermont Country store (which carries items that you thought were out of production long ago) and Wireless. Also a high end catalog where things are unique and costly.
    sojourner: what's the url for this catalog, "wireless"?......mac
    Live as if you were living a second time, and as though you had acted wrongly the first time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Not sure as it comes in my snail mail... Probably because they are related to Wireless and a few other top end shopping sites. And I just tossed the last issue I got, since I couldn't convince the Mrs. that popping $10,000 for a new Segway was a good idea.

Probably could find them fairly easy on an internet search though.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

7. Likes Night Owl liked this post
    LOL Night Owl LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    I suspect this might be it:
    http://www.thewirelesscatalog.com/

and in munged format, so you can type it yourself.

www dot thewirelesscatalog dot com
    Last edited by Mestral; December 14th, 2016 at 8:06 AM.
    I don't mind being called far right.
    I have been right so far.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I have it mounted on a fence post behind the pool for now. I wanted to make sure it works before I permanently mount it.

I will probably put it on a 10' pole a little further down the fence line. I'll have to move the Smart Hub closer to the back of the house so that it will connect to the internet, but that won't be an issue.
    I put it on a 10' pole and tried moving it down the fence line last night, but even with putting a network extender in one of the back rooms, the signal was too weak. I will add about seven more feet to it and experiment with the locations some more.

On a side note, Weather Underground listed it as a Gold Star Station for being "a high-quality weather station that has passed our quality control process for 5 consecutive days." Yay!
    Attached Images Attached Images

10. Thanks fchafey thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have a 20' extendable flagpole which I purchased from Harbor Freight http://www.harborfreight.com/20-ft-t...le-62285.html?. A pole such as this could easily be adapted for your needs and at that height you would not have to put it all that far from your house.
    "A boy cannot become a girl and a man cannot become a woman, not even if he shuts his eyes and wishes really hard."

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I like that! Good price too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looking at your photo, I will mount mine on the upper peak/corner of my shed. I might even put it where the weather vane used to be. I should have a good signal still..
    old house photo.JPG
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    ewww, neighbors.

Depending how high you put it, the house might block some wind, but probably not a lot.

15. LOL fchafey LOL'd at this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast