Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Real Life

Post Thanks / Like

Real Life

Yesterday, while working the polls, I met one of the Centextalk regulars. Turns out we live in the same precinct. I would just like to say what a delightful person they turned out to be. I must mention that his wife was equally as lovely. While we may debate things harshly on her, the few of you that I have met in "real life" have been exceptionally nice people.
    Personal attacks are an admission of intellectual bankruptcy

2. Likes fchafey, Rick, Shotgun Jeremy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Actually, he was complimentary of you as well.

P.S. glad you're not on suicide watch since your girl got whooped (sorry, couldn't help myself)

4. Likes Night Owl, Rick, Shotgun Jeremy liked this post
    LOL Night Owl, LauraA, CenTexDave, Grammar Rules LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    We're all nice.

But I have to admit that it took a little more prep before we allowed ol' Night Owl to go out in public the first time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Much of it in the makeup department.....
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

7. Thanks Night Owl thanked this post
    LOL Night Owl, Rick, Shotgun Jeremy, Grammar Rules LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LauraA View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yesterday, while working the polls, I met one of the Centextalk regulars. Turns out we live in the same precinct. I would just like to say what a delightful person they turned out to be. I must mention that his wife was equally as lovely. While we may debate things harshly on her, the few of you that I have met in "real life" have been exceptionally nice people.
    Thanks Laura, I had a fun time talking with you and I did vote for a dem this election for the first time in my life.

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

9. Thanks Grammar Rules thanked this post
    Likes fchafey, LauraA liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Owl View Post
    Thanks Laura, I had a fun time talking with you and I did vote for a dem this election for the first time in my life.
    yeow.....prob'ly lbj or jfk
    Live as if you were living a second time, and as though you had acted wrongly the first time.

11. LOL Night Owl, CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    yeow.....prob'ly lbj or jfk
    Didn't look at the name. Saw Cosper and colored in the other bubble. Left Garza and the Bell Co sheriff bubbles blank.

13. Thanks Grammar Rules thanked this post
    Likes gvls78, gnatsum liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I volunteered at one of the early voting locations redirecting voters to their Precincts so they can vote. Needless to say, it was a busy day on Tuesday. Many people were nice, but there were still the complainers and others trying to make conspiracy claims. I did what I could to help everyone and not be partisan.

Online, I thought it was really sad that SOME of those who felt like they won, felt the need to go online and act abusively towards people with differing opinions.

It's like they HAD to be sadomasochists and abuse others in order to feel better about themselves. I would have thought winning the election was enough. I didn't think shoving peoples head in the mud and trying to suffocate them was necessary. Oh well, some people...

SMH

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Localcitizen20 View Post
    I volunteered at one of the early voting locations redirecting voters to their Precincts so they can vote. Needless to say, it was a busy day on Tuesday. Many people were nice, but there were still the complainers and others trying to make conspiracy claims. I did what I could to help everyone and not be partisan.

Online, I thought it was really sad that SOME of those who felt like they won, felt the need to go online and act abusively towards people with differing opinions.

It's like they HAD to be sadomasochists and abuse others in order to feel better about themselves. I would have thought winning the election was enough. I didn't think shoving peoples head in the mud and trying to suffocate them was necessary. Oh well, some people...

SMH
    Well, all you have to do is look back about 4 years ago at the abuse heaped on conservatives by the other side when their guy won, and you can see that it happens....

There are always those who love to dance in the end zone after a touchdown... especially when they think that a touchdown is out of the question and they suddenly find themselves in the winners circle. It is to be expected.

To ask the recipients of the past abuse to be suddenly bipartisan or play nice after their ordeal is a bit presumptuous.

But then, only conservatives are held to a standard of civility when winning... or losing.

All one has to do to see ugly is turn on the news and look at what the other side does when they lose....

Now that is ugly.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

16. Thanks Night Owl, gnatsum, CenTexDave thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Localcitizen20 View Post

SMH
    Why should we take the abuse and when we win not return what was dished out to us. We took the abuse the last two presidential elections. It was time for payback. If the dems can't take it they should learn not to dish it out. Maybe they should run to their safe place. I'm going to really enjoy the next 4 years and watching the libbies hair on fire when Trump and the Republican Congress undo everything the haters of America did over the last 8 years.

It will get a lot worse if, or should I say when, Obumba pardons Killary for her crimes. She had better hope he does.

18. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast