Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Cubs vs Indians

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, if you listened to the game the night before you would have been hearing the announcers gush all over Kluber and the Indians... It is what it is... Darn great baseball.

The problem that the Indians are going to have is the Cubs bats. They have repeatedly done better than they should have, and have had a lot of luck at the plate. All it takes is a less than stellar effort by the opposing pitcher for the Cubs to get a leg up.

The Indians and the Cubs both have great relief pitching, and as in all things, sometimes it is not as great as usual.

Now, let's see how the y play in Chi town......
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

2. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Y'all go ahead and gush over the Indians cause it don't happen often. I will give y'all a pass if the Browns EVER make it to the Super Bowl, heck even to the playoffs.

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Owl View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Y'all go ahead and gush over the Indians cause it don't happen often. I will give y'all a pass if the Browns EVER make it to the Super Bowl, heck even to the playoffs.
    no sweat......they'll limp back to Cleveland in a real hurt....I expect them to exhaust a lot of their resources in a futile effort to save something at Wrigley....but all for naught......mac
    Live as if you were living a second time, and as though you had acted wrongly the first time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Cubs feast on fastballs on mediocre pitching, seem to have trouble with good breaking stuff.
    I knew the Tribe was screwed when Francona announced Bauer was gonna pitch game two.
    Unfortunately, Kluber can't pitch everyday. If I was Francona I'd seriously consider starting
    Ryan Merritt in game 4 and save Kluber for game 5. Merritt is the type of pitcher that gives power hitters fits.
    Of course that would mean he'd have no chance of pitching a game 7 if it goes that far, unless we get a weather cancellation
    which may be coming. Playing a WS at the end of Oct and early Nov is stupid.
    Friday's pitching duel should be good - the Cubs' start their ace. Cleveland counters with Tomlin, who is a
    Gary Maddox-style pitcher. If he is on it could be a good game. If he can't hit the corners it'll be all over after
    two innings.
    Just too bad these two teams couldn't meet with both rosters healthy. If Cleveland had Cookie Carrasco and Salazar
    as the #2 and 3 pitchers it might be a classic WS. Toss in Michael Brantley for the Tribe and would really be good.
    Last edited by CenTexDave; October 27th, 2016 at 11:19 AM.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

6. Likes Rick liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I thought Merritt should have started game 2. Let him feel the home crowd appreciation and give Bauer a couple more days to heal the finger. Hopefully, they got their bad day out of the way last night.

But, I am just a fan. Not like one of these Texas fans, I'm an Indians fan, rain or shine, win or lose. Despite what Cub's #1 new fan thinks, the games still have to be played.

8. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sure - everybody's a Cubs' fan now! And 99% of the newbies couldn't name their starting lineup.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Or which city they play in...

11. LOL CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CenTexDave View Post
    Sure - everybody's a Cubs' fan now! And 99% of the newbies couldn't name their starting lineup.
    Some of us are National League fans. Some of us detest the DH. some of us are baseball fans and remember when Joe Pepitone was the first baseball player to get razzed about having a blow dryer in his locker room by the press. And yes, he was a Cub. Some of us also remember Alomar spitting on an ump and telling him he hopes his crippled kid dies. And yes he was an Indian.
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fchafey View Post
    Some of us also remember Alomar spitting on an ump and telling him he hopes his crippled kid dies. And yes he was an Indian.
    Nope, the spitter was Roberto Alomar and he was a Baltimore Oriole. Sandy Alomar Jr. played for the Indians and is currently the first base coach and is far too classy to spit on anyone!

14. Thanks CenTexDave thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    No he wasn't. That was Roberto Alomar and he was with The Orioles when he did that.
    Last edited by Rick; October 27th, 2016 at 1:51 PM. Reason: To fix the last name

Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast