Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 14 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast

Thread: Cubs vs Indians

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Another twenty year wait I guess!
    Don't think so. They'll be back in it next year. If they got this far with 2 of their top 3 pitchers and their best hitter out,
    they should do just fine next year. I would tweek the roster some though. That OF does not impress me at all.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I hope Crisp stays with them. What is there not to like about him?

I'd have Napoli bagging groceries somewhere. What a nothing he turned out to be.

I love watching all these bull#### Cubs fans crawling out of the woodwork.

3. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree, that outfield is iffy. I got pretty pissed at that game last night. Hendricks gets pulled. I didn't know John Lester had it in his contract that he doesn't have to field any balls. Let's make the 40 year old chase them. Are you kidding me? The Cubs should have got a clue when Miller got smacked around that maybe Chapman's 100mph plus pitches were going to start getting sent over his head. I had a feeling the Cubs were going to blow it so I went to bed. I was almost right. To me Bryant should have been the MVP for the series, but I guess the guy that drove in the winning run was the popular choice. The thing that really surprises me is all the former Red Sox players that are now shining on other teams. Lastly, who picked the 3 stooges for the pregame? They couldn't do better than Steroid Boy, The Gambler and Sir Elbow, Frank Thomas. Pete Rose quipped, when they were talking about baseball, that he has 2 rings Thomas just smiled at him, knowing Rose and Arod wont ever see the HoF while they are alive. Pretty pathetic.
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

5. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    LOL CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    A pitcher who can't/won't throw to a base is strange as hell.

7. Likes CenTexDave, fchafey liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hope Crisp stays with them. What is there not to like about him?

I'd have Napoli bagging groceries somewhere. What a nothing he turned out to be.

I love watching all these bull#### Cubs fans crawling out of the woodwork.
    The only real knock against Crisp is his arm. He's also ancient for a baseball player. But he performed well for them. Same with Guyer. I'd definitely be looking for a couple of OF though. Chisenhall is about worthless. Time
    the Tribe give up on him - he couldn't play 3B and he definitely isn't a very good RF either. His bat, except for the HR against Boston, totally disappeared in the playoffs. Davis is also old, but he led the league in stolen bases.
    Timely hit last night for sure, but his fielding leaves a bit to be desired. Same with Naquin - defensive liability. He was tearing the league up with his hitting when he first came up, but teams eventually figured out he can't hit
    fastballs and his batting average dropped 30 points the last couple of months. Don't know if there are any decent soon to be free agents out there, but they need a reshuffle in the OF.
    And Napoli should be let go. He's on a one year deal and his bat all but vanished starting the end of August. Try Brantley at first. Still have Santana who can also play 1B and DH. People will say "how can you let a guy go that hit 34 HRs and
    drove in over 100 RBIs?" Easy - he's old, too, and he's dead weight. Free up his salary and resign some of the better players.
    Saw the just released Vegas odds for next year - Cubs are 3-1 to win it all again, then Boston is 10-1. They list the Tribe at 12-1. Get Brantley, Carrasco and Salazar back and the Tribe will be back in it. Vegas odds-makers are
    good at making fools of themselves.
    Last edited by CenTexDave; November 3rd, 2016 at 10:31 AM.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

9. Likes fchafey liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Crisp is outstanding... When he was on the As, we used to hate to see him come to bat against the Rangers.. He usually gets on first, and before you can blink, he is on 3rd.

Tribe had Chapmans number last night though. The pitches might have been 103MP leaving his hand, but were doing twice that when they left the park. Cubs nearly snatched a defeat out of the jaws of victory with Lester though....

And Napoli was not liked when he was a Ranger either. He got a huge paycheck and usually only could hit one ball for every 20 times he went to bat. That's why he got traded. And, he is a snail on first. Sort of like Moreland is for the Rangers... Or Fielder for that matter. One announcer said about Fielder (and it fits Napoli) "He cannot hit, clogs the base path when he does, and stinks in the field."

I honestly though the Indians would do it this year... And one good thing for Tribe fans is that they have good bats, great fielding, and an outstanding pitching staff. They won't be gone for long, that's for sure.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like
    I have nothing against Crisp except his age. Remember where he started his baseball career - in CF for the Indians.
    The Cubs had Miller's and Kluber's number also. Those guys, including Chapman, were simply worn out.
    Napoli strikes out way too much. He plugged a hole this year. Next year he can find someone else's hole to plug. Maybe Hillary's??

Post Thanks / Like
    Just because you remember the last time they won it doesn't make you part of the team today.
    true dat. that was a royal "we".....my team is the Rangers and they were in their livin' rooms watchin' just like me so it would be hard to root for them.....but in any game 'tween Chicago and Cleveland, any normal man of even minimal intellect would be for the Cubs.....why on earth would anyone in their right everlovin' mind be for Cleveland? That just doesn't make a lick of sense...seriously, though, one player I didn't know squat about till this series was Contraros......I really like him....like him a lot....wish the rangers or astros would pick him up....but i kind of s'pect his stock went up quite a bit here over the last week or so.....in some ways he reminds me of Rose...lots of 'hustle'a but quicker'n greased lightning......mac (besides that, one of my daughters lives in Chicago and they always take us out to a game or two when we're up there....with me wearin' my Ranger cap.....(makes for some interesting looks)
    Last edited by mac; November 3rd, 2016 at 12:13 PM.
    Live as if you were living a second time, and as though you had acted wrongly the first time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Guess a few of us Deplorables are then of minimal intellect!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CenTexDave View Post
    Guess a few of us Deplorables are then of minimal intellect!
    well, somehow, I kinda doubt if very many of us 'deportables' were rootin' for Cleveland....mac (oops, I meant "deplorables"....sorry 'bout that....mac
    Live as if you were living a second time, and as though you had acted wrongly the first time.

Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 14 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast