Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Cubs vs Indians

Post Thanks / Like
    That Cubs' closer is unreal - constantly throws at over 100 mph. Don't know about the Cubs' DH, but am sure they have someone capable. I don't like the DH rule either. Francona will have to tweak his roster because of it and probably add a bat and drop a pitcher.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    All these so called "experts" - sports analysts for ESPN, Sporting News, Major League Baseball.com, etc., and picking the Cubs by a 3-1 margin.
    That's fine - the Indians were supposed to lose to the RedSux, then they were supposed to lose to the Blue Jays.
    It's gonna go something like this:
    Game 1 - Kluber outduels Lester as the Indians run wild on the bases.
    Game 2 - Tomlin (the second coming of Greg Maddux) finds his touch and the Tribe, up 2-1 after 5 innings, turns it over to Miller & Crew and go up 2-0.
    Series shifts to Chicago
    Game 3 - Bauer's pinkie opens up again, this time in the 4th inning. Cubs already have a 3-0 lead. Tribe can't come back. Game 3 to Cubs.
    Game 4- After very quiet bats in the first 3 games, Cleveland gives the ball to Salazar. He hasn't pitched since Sept 9. He is wild at first and the Cubs
    take advantage and go up 2-0 after two innings. Then he finds his range and tosses one hit ball through the 6th. Tribe's bats come on strong and
    they take game 4.
    Game 5 - Lester starts again. His image is on the opposition as Ryan Merritt takes the hill for the Tribe. Nip and tuck all the way through 5.
    In the 6th Francona pulls the pitcher and uses a pinch hitter - Carlos Santana. Cubs counter with a relief pitcher. Santana is a switch hitter and
    blasts one over the ivy covered wall in right field. It stands up as Miller, Shaw and Allen close it out.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

3. LOL Night Owl, fchafey LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't GAS who wins, though I have a soft spot in my heart for the Cubs. I just want the series to go to the full seven games.
    "A boy cannot become a girl and a man cannot become a woman, not even if he shuts his eyes and wishes really hard."

Post Thanks / Like
    Game 7 scheduled for Nov 2. Maybe we can get some real cold and snow like in the 1997 series between the Indians and Florida Marlins.

Post Thanks / Like
    2-0 Tribe after one inning. Looking like a 12-0 blowout.

7. Likes Rick liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, tell that to the Dodgers who got surprised a few times when the Cubs had 5 and 6 run innings in the late game.

And Lester is not one of their best hurlers either. He has had a lot of problems the last 2 or 3 starts he has made. The Cubs make their money with their bullpen.

I wouldn't call it a rout just yet Dave.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

9. LOL CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    You listen to these announcers and Jon Lester is the second coming of Cy Young. I know no blowout, but when the Tribe has the lead after 4 they are something like 67-1.
    Last edited by CenTexDave; October 25th, 2016 at 7:52 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Corey Kluber - 8 K's thru 3��.

12. Likes Rick liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    By the way - 8 K's thru 3 is a new MLB playoff record.

14. Likes Rick liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hee haw. Solo HR for Roberto Perez, the catcher who can't hit. 3-0 Tribe.

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast