Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Week 9 Games

Post Thanks / Like
    Ellison's kicker has been solid all year. I can only imagine what he feels like today,....the first thoughts on his mind this morning when he woke up....It feels bad enough to wake up on a Saturday morning after a tough loss, but feeling the responsibility is all yours, devastating. I do feel for him.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dave, you are right. A coach has to know his kids, know when to use negative and know when to use positive reinforcement. ...I do know that some coaches let their players do things in game prep and other aspects of practice and game behavior much differently than the way we prepared way back when because of the "cultural" differences today. This includes high school, college, and the pro game.

Post Thanks / Like
    And you are right... It has to be tough on the kicker, as he has been super all year until last night.

And then read the sports section and be the first topic of discussion.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sojourner truth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Personally, I would have walked off the field if I had been a player. And they wonder why they stopped playing in the 2nd half?
    LOL, it's a wonder how the profession of coaching still continues with thoughts like that. I guess if he was cursing the kids than he's probably out of line a bit, but cmon it's not girls marbles.

5. Likes sickofpc liked this post
    LOL CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    There's a butt chewing and there is simple verbal bashing/abuse. I wasn't there so don't know for sure, but sounds like he did more than a butt chewing.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ethelm View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ellison-Killeen game was one of the best I've seen. Roos showed a lot of heart!!! Great game!!!!
    They sure did. I didn't see it, but I was so proud of them. They didn't give up when they were far behind just kept fighting till the end. It's what the Coach Searcy expects of them. Never give up.

8. LOL Night Owl LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had coaches in high school and in college that chewed our butts unmercifully at times. The high school coaches didn't curse, the college coaches did, regularly. ..They all praised and encouraged, also. .. Two of my high school coaches were very, very tough and demanding, would get on your butt in a heartbeat, and everyone on the team knew it. We all cared about and respected them because we knew they cared about us and we knew they were good coaches....Walk off the field because my feelings were hurt? The thought never entered my mind.

10. Likes Night Owl liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I loved the display of fight and character that the Roos showed Friday night. The ball did "bounce their way" but the kids kept playing and capitalized on the situation. Ellison had superior talent at nearly every position but couldn't close the deal. Ellison's run defense is horrid. The Roos now have something to play for the next two weeks. I wish them well.

12. Likes siamcat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    And it also didn't hurt that all the holding that they were doing from the first play until the end of the 3rd quarter was mysteriously... unseen... by any of the refs.

And I don't say that out of sour grapes, just because it was what it was. Officiating has been pretty abysmal all year long. It's pretty bad when you see something, and then some little old lady behind you asks "can they do that" and you have to say no... but they just did and got away with it.

But in the end, those sorts of missed calls go both ways when the reffing crew is pretty much decided to not throw a lot of flags.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like
    It's been known for about two decades that those officials from the Temple chapter suck, and suck bad. All the district's head coaches need to demand after the season is over that a new crew(s) is hired.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

15. Likes sojourner truth liked this post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast