Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Baseball Playoffs

Post Thanks / Like
    I am watching the Toronto/Baltimore game and it is just amazing at how rude and obnoxious the Canadian fans are.

I just watched an Oriole trying to make a catch in center field, and some dumbass in the stands tossed a full can of beer at him. I am also amazed that the Orioles didn't walk off the field and refuse to play there any more.

If it somehow gets down to a Rangers/Bluejays game, it will be ugly and possibly bloody. They just showed a sign that said "we want Odor... in reference to Roughned Odod of the Rangers punching out Batista (spoiled little asshat for the Bluejays) in an earlier game this year. If you recall that incident, Bautista slid into second and cut Odors legs out from under him, and when Odor said something about it, Bautista shoved him, at which time Odor cleaned his grille with a right uppercut that got him suspended. Bautista starts the fight, and Odor got a 10 game suspension while Bautista got nothing.

Holy cow, you would think this was a damn hockey game..... And if there is a Rangers game in Toronto, there will be blood.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

2. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Toronto fans were like that last year to the Royals. They are just as trashy as the Eagles fans from Philly.
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

4. Thanks CenTexDave thanked this post
    Likes Night Owl liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    When I first saw that I thought the Orioles' left field misjudged the ball.
    Best way to shut up Toronto fans is be up 2 games to none when the Rangers go up there,
    then put up 5 or 6 in the first inning.
    It's still mind blowing that Buck Showalter didn't yank Jiminez when he gave up those two hits. He had the best
    closer in baseball in the bullpen. He never got in the game.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

6. Likes fchafey liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Jobu's got this.
    One of the funniest movies of all time. Major League was better than Major League II, for the simple reason that Wesley Snipes was a better fit as the CF than
    whoever it was that played that character in MLII.
    Trivia: Where were the baseball game scenes filmed? What stadium?
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Don't know the answer to the trivia, but one of the all time funniest lines was Bob Euker's "Just a little outside"
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

9. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I thought it was best 2 out of 3 for the Rangers/Bluejays. But at any rate, the Jays are a nasty tempered bunch, and arrogant, and their fans are just plain bawdy. I suspect most arrive at the game well oiled from pre game partying.

It should prove interesting, and entertaining. I have little hope that the Rangers can defeat the Jays, as they are one of the teams that seem to stifle them. All year long they have been able to beat the good teams and lose to the bottom feeders. And, it would also seem that the Rangers have decided to bring back up a lot of their former non producers for some unknown reason. It would make no sense to replace a successful right fielder who can hit (Nomar Mazara) with the hapless Choo (who couldn't catch a cold in the flu clinic and hits about one out of 30... like Mitch Moreland does). Or to call up proven terrible starters like Martinez, or relievers like Tanner Sheppers. Then let good relievers like Matt Bush pitch for 2/3 of an inning before sending him to the showers. Moves like that just baffle me. Sort of like the old "If it works, change it" philosophy. Their ability to snatch a defeat out of the jaws of victory do not make me optimistic.

If they stick to what got them to the dance and don't try and overthink their offense, then they may beat the Jays. But then, they haven't done that with any reassuring regularity for a long time, so why start now? But, they are the best in the west, if nothing else.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CenTexDave View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    One of the funniest movies of all time. Major League was better than Major League II, for the simple reason that Wesley Snipes was a better fit as the CF than
    whoever it was that played that character in MLII.
    Trivia: Where were the baseball game scenes filmed? What stadium?
    Milwaukee!

Post Thanks / Like
    Baltimore's old Municipal Stadium.
    Euker was hilarious. I read they didn't even hand him a script - just do his thing and he sure did!!
    ST - is best of 5. First two in Arlington.
    Tribe and Rangers in the ALCS!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, the Rangers started the hapless Cole Hammels. This guy has been miserable as a starter for about 2 months now. But one of the things the Rangers always do is stick with players despite their miserable records.

They are now losing 2-0 in the 3rd. Hammels has thrown over 30 pitches in this inning alone, and yet Bannister still has him in here. Same story as the last 5 times he started. Looks good in the first 2 innings and then the wheels fall off the cart.

This may wind up like last time with the Jays.... Ranger will win 2 games and then lose the rest.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast