Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13

Thread: Baseball Playoffs

Post Thanks / Like
    The LA Dodgers will, I bet, rue the day they hired on Darwish. He did not comport himself well. He should have remained with the Rangers.
    "A boy cannot become a girl and a man cannot become a woman, not even if he shuts his eyes and wishes really hard."

2. LOL sojourner truth LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dodgers forgot that, as a former Texas Ranger, the Astros had seen him a few times before.
    Season is now over and the free agent market garbage begins. Average players, who many years ago would commend a $50K salary, will now get $10M overnight. What a waste.
    Read an article about my team - the Indians - and whether or not they should try to resign Michael Brantley - his option year is $12M. Oh hell no!! While this guy did come back from missing virtually all of last year, and
    he did (although I don't think he deserved it) make the All-Star team. His average was right at .300 but his power numbers were way, way down. A good defensive left fielder, but can't stay healthy. Was on the DL again when
    they needed him. Goodbye, Mike.
    Carlos Santana - 1B and can play multiple positions. Another average player (see my comment above) who currently earns around $9M. His offensive numbers were down this year, although they moved him around in the
    batting order so much (batted lead off, third, fourth, fifth, sixth in the order at various times). If he's willing to resign for his current salary maybe keep him. If not - goodbye, Carlos.
    Jay Bruce - terrible defensive right fielder who provided a lot of offense. Doubt the Tribe can offer him enough to entice him to sign. But if they let Santana and his $9M go, then give it a shot and give Bruce a shot at 1B. He's a lefty so might be a natural fit. If not - goodbye, Jay.
    Others:
    Kipnis - I'd have him on a very short leash next spring when the season starts. Is not an outfielder, but is a good second baseman that had a terrible offensive season this year. If he starts out as he did last year (was on the DL twice also) I'd just dump him.
    Bryan Shaw - the nightmare of the bullpen. When he's on he is unhittable; when he's not he blows more holds than the average reliever. For the right price, maybe. If he plays hardball, then - goodbye, Bryan.
    Joe Smith - relief pitcher and usually does good. I liked him when the Tribe had him a few years ago but they decided to let him walk, and he did to Oakland and then Toronto. The Tribe got him cheap in a last minute
    trade with Toronto this year and he helped down the stretch. For a reasonable contract keep him, but if he plays stoopid then - goodbye, Joe.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

4. Likes fchafey liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The LA Dodgers will, I bet, rue the day they hired on Darwish. He did not comport himself well. He should have remained with the Rangers.
    Well, I am glad LA got him personally... He had lost it as a pitcher when he hit the middle of the season after coming off a lengthy tour of the DL for back and arm problems. At first I thought he was deliberately Jonesing in order to get traded, but now it looks more like he really is having control issues.

He was doing this very thing for the Rangers... Starting a game and giving everyone high hopes, giving up a lot of runs that caused them to lose games, and then when someone said something about his bad pitching, he would complain about an ache or a pain and go on the DL for 6 months or so.

It is what I have been calling "Rangeritis".... Get a huge contract, play like crap, when it gets noticed gripe about some ache or pain and constipate the hiring program by remaining on the DL for months at a time. We saw it with Napoli, Hamilton, Fielder, and a number of others. It has become so regular that it is predictable. When the guy loses it, you can almost bet on how long it will take him to get mysteriously ill.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

6. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, he could be like Cleveland's Michael Brantley who can't seem to take a step without pulling a muscle, etc., then needs an entire season to rehab. And the fools in charge of The Tribe just
    paid his option of something like $11M. Wonder how long he'll last next season. Probably stub his toe on the dugout steps during spring training and have to sit out the first 3 months.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13