Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Week 6 Games

Post Thanks / Like
    Dave, how did Cove lose all impact aid parents?...Dave, I know how you feel about Welch, and I don't agree with everything about him, for sure, but...BUT, he has built a program the whole town and school is proud of, from nothing....other schools' Homecoming favorite team to play. Cove was at the bottom when Welch took over....a sure win for opponents. Nobody takes Cove lightly anymore....His talent level will vary, as happens to all schools, but you can bet he will coach his players, spend unbelievable amounts of time doing it, and try to do whatever it takes to have the Dawgs be successful....But then, you know that, Dave...
    Last edited by sickofpc; September 29th, 2016 at 8:06 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Of course they didn't lose all impact aid parents. I imagine a few might have moved and a few more potential incoming families may have decided to live elsewhere.
    I know all about Cove's bad years. Much of it was caused by a bunch of good ole boy networking. I used to work with a guy who graduated from Cove in 1981. He stated it was hard to win
    when most of your best players sit on the bench so xx"s kid can play. And others confirmed that.
    I agree Welch turned it all around. Until he got here they hadn't been in the playoffs since Eisenhower was in The White House, although a couple of times they had a real good record only to
    finish with one loss in district. Back then only the district champ went to the playoffs.
    I understand the talent level will vary from year to year to year. I'm just frustrated with his defenses. I know these spread offenses are hard to stop but Cove's D seems to roll over and die.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Belton-56, Killeen-9
    WOW
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

4. Thanks fchafey thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Belton's-Killeen game was BAD!!! Really impressed with Belton's QB

6. Likes CenTexDave, fchafey liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Heights gave Midway all they could handle last night. Heights has a good team for sure.
    Shoemaker does not. Cove crushed them.

8. Likes ethelm liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    SHS just sucked....but there were several bad calls from the refs too. They did favor Cove. However, even without those bad calls we wouldn't have won.
    VOTE Rainwater and Snyder!!

BOYCOTT
    - Wells Laundry *Extraco Bank *Towne Services Moving and Storage *Purser Construction *Toyota of Killeen Patriot Buick *Bigham Kliewer Chapman & Watts Insurance Agency

10. LOL CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I notice you always seem to comment on the "bad calls".
    Face facts - Shoemaker is piss poor this year. They might beat Killeen.
    The team that impressed me last night was Heights - took Midway all the way and almost pulled it off.
    Not to worry, XZ, we can comment in November when Shoemaker, Cove and Killeen sit home for the playoffs
    and Midway, Heights, Belton and Ellison keep playing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CenTexDave View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I notice you always seem to comment on the "bad calls".
    Face facts - Shoemaker is piss poor this year. They might beat Killeen.
    The team that impressed me last night was Heights - took Midway all the way and almost pulled it off.
    Not to worry, XZ, we can comment in November when Shoemaker, Cove and Killeen sit home for the playoffs
    and Midway, Heights, Belton and Ellison keep playing.
    Hey, I did say that even without the bad calls we would have lost. BUT with my limited football knowledge if I can tell that a call is bad then it is really bad!
    VOTE Rainwater and Snyder!!

BOYCOTT
    - Wells Laundry *Extraco Bank *Towne Services Moving and Storage *Purser Construction *Toyota of Killeen Patriot Buick *Bigham Kliewer Chapman & Watts Insurance Agency

13. LOL CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    High school refs always make several bad calls each game. You just hope it doesn't affect the outcome. I remember several times that it did.

Post Thanks / Like
    Let me begin by saying I have a bias opinion here as a my friend is the head coach there. They are actually in the hunt often but things go spiraling out of control. It was 14-7 with 6 minutes in the third quarter. A quick score, 3 and out followed by a bad punt snap, followed by a another bad punt snap later led to their demise. There were some questionable calls in the game, the throw in the end zone where the ball pops out and they called it a touchdown. A couple holds here and there, etc etc etc. that's been the story of their season. New staff that's never worked together and the school uniquely different from the other Killeen school in a good way. I've had a chance to watch all the games on video, the offense has struggled all season with an identity but they've only really just not been in a game once this year. Give them some time and support, they are doing good things.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast