Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: District Opening (Week 5) Games

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sojourner truth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, they have this alarming tendency to do all their scoring in the first half and then try to cruise to the finish line. Not sure if that is cockiness or the other guys getting the hang of the Eagles offense.

Pretty sure they can pull this one off unless they have become complacent.
    Yep & they don't pay attention to social media getting caught up in verbal fights with Shoemaker kids (if that's happening) or people gassing them up around school because of their record vs Shoemaker's record. But they haven't beaten Shoemaker since 2010, they should be focused enough

Post Thanks / Like
    I sure hope so... and I wish the sportsmanship goes a little better this year...

We don't appreciate the petty BS at a game at all.

But I agree... never underestimate anyone on Friday night. I believe there is a good adage about "on any given Sunday" etc.....
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like
    Calpreps gives Cove too much credit. 38-21, Midway? I think it will be more like 49-14 Midway.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was close. Midway blows out Cove 48-24. Lol
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    The SHS/EHS game was great. We lost by a field goal with 2 seconds left on the clock. To many damn false starts and illegal player substitutions. Our kicker also sucks at punting.

What I disliked the most was the kids on both teams that did not place their hand's over their heart's during the Anthem.
    VOTE Rainwater and Snyder!!

BOYCOTT
    - Wells Laundry *Extraco Bank *Towne Services Moving and Storage *Purser Construction *Toyota of Killeen Patriot Buick *Bigham Kliewer Chapman & Watts Insurance Agency

6. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I read about that game. Must have been a real good one.
    This "protest" crap is getting out of hand. Hope their parents are real proud of the little brats.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have heard it said that according to the statute, placing the hand over the heart is optional. Can anyone show the contrary?
    "A boy cannot become a girl and a man cannot become a woman, not even if he shuts his eyes and wishes really hard."

Post Thanks / Like
    That was one of the ugliest wins I ever saw... I expected better from their offense, but they were trying the same short outs on Shoe that they did last week, and the Wolves had evidently watched the game tapes....

But I will take a win in district any day.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I have heard it said that according to the statute, placing the hand over the heart is optional. Can anyone show the contrary?
    Does it really matter what the Statute says? I used to have the same heartburn with NASCAR drivers who failed to uncover, or place their hand over their heart etc and would invariably write scathing letters to sponsors and owners of the offending drivers and teams. I know that I don't, but I would like to think that I had a little bit to do with the way the drivers are respecting the National anthem and flag now.....it's improved a hell of a lot in the past 5 years.....

I hope the offending school coaches and principals get flooded with letters of indignation over the way their school was represented during the playing of the national anthem is that's the case...mac
    Last edited by mac; September 24th, 2016 at 12:30 PM.
    Live as if you were living a second time, and as though you had acted wrongly the first time.

11. Thanks CenTexDave thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Does it really matter what the Statute says? I used to have the same heartburn with NASCAR drivers who failed to uncover, or place their hand over their heart etc and would invariably write scathing letters to sponsors and owners of the offending drivers and teams. I know that I don't, but I would like to think that I had a little bit to do with the way the drivers are respecting the National anthem and flag now.....it's improved a hell of a lot in the past 5 years.....

I hope the offending school coaches and principals get flooded with letters of indignation over the way their school was represented during the playing of the national anthem is that's the case...mac
    If indeed it's optional, who is anyone to complain. It's kind of like I'm offended when there is more than one National Flag on display at any site, like at every lamp post at the used car lot, or every 15 feet along a city street. Such a display is directly contra the statute but no one seems to GAS.
    "A boy cannot become a girl and a man cannot become a woman, not even if he shuts his eyes and wishes really hard."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast