Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Dog Training

Post Thanks / Like

Dog Training

Does anyone have a dog trainer that they can recommend? I adopted a new puppy on Saturday and as soon as he is fully vaccinated I would like to start his training and socialization.
    VOTE Rainwater and Snyder!!

BOYCOTT
    - Wells Laundry *Extraco Bank *Towne Services Moving and Storage *Purser Construction *Toyota of Killeen Patriot Buick *Bigham Kliewer Chapman & Watts Insurance Agency

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by xzochye View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Does anyone have a dog trainer that they can recommend? I adopted a new puppy on Saturday and as soon as he is fully vaccinated I would like to start his training and socialization.
    what do you want to train him for....ducks? pheasants?.....coon?.....mountain lion? tracking?....chasing?.....retrieving?.....

what's the breed of dog?......mac
    Live as if you were living a second time, and as though you had acted wrongly the first time.

3. LOL CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    what do you want to train him for....ducks? pheasants?.....coon?.....mountain lion? tracking?....chasing?.....retrieving?.....

what's the breed of dog?......mac
    American Staffordshire Terrier and he's in training to hunt mac

BOYCOTT
    - Wells Laundry *Extraco Bank *Towne Services Moving and Storage *Purser Construction *Toyota of Killeen Patriot Buick *Bigham Kliewer Chapman & Watts Insurance Agency

5. LOL CenTexDave, Rick, Night Owl LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Lol he's going to hunt mac.

7. LOL xzochye, gnatsum LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Whatever you do, don't look at ex Baylor football players you may see in the want ads.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

9. LOL xzochye, CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
    Saddened by xzochye is saddened by this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by xzochye View Post
    American Staffordshire Terrier and he's in training to hunt mac
    wow....now just why in the world would anyone ever adopt (or feed) one of those.....they ain't nothing but a pitbull.....really ain't all that trainable.....bad choice......hope you got a good kennel built.....poor dog.....mac
    Live as if you were living a second time, and as though you had acted wrongly the first time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    wow....now just why in the world would anyone ever adopt (or feed) one of those.....they ain't nothing but a pitbull.....really ain't all that trainable.....bad choice......hope you got a good kennel built.....poor dog.....mac
    You really don't know what your talking about at all do you? Sad sad sad. They are highly intelligent and extremely trainable but I really wouldn't expect you to understand that.

BOYCOTT

Post Thanks / Like
    Pits get a bad rap,(no pun intended) for all kinds of reasons. I remember in the 70's it was Dobermans that were over bred and unreliable, then it was German Shepherds for a while, at least up in the north east, Chows are destroyed and not adopted either If I remember correct. Any dog can be a time bomb if chained to a post, mistreated and abused.
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

13. Thanks xzochye, siamcat, rk103 thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    They had an article on MSN.com a few weeks back about bad breeds to get if you want to train a dog. I was surprised to see Chiwawahs (SP) on the list at the top. Pit bulls, Rottweillers and pit bulls were also among the top bad boys to buy.

I was also surprised to see English Bull terriers and Chows on there. Evidently, Chows are about the dumbest dog breed there is.

But when you get a pet, the love factor always trumps the trainability factor... At least until Fido chews off your childs face.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

15. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sojourner truth View Post
    They had an article on MSN.com a few weeks back about bad breeds to get if you want to train a dog. I was surprised to see Chiwawahs (SP) on the list at the top. Pit bulls, Rottweillers and pit bulls were also among the top bad boys to buy.

I was also surprised to see English Bull terriers and Chows on there. Evidently, Chows are about the dumbest dog breed there is.

But when you get a pet, the love factor always trumps the trainability factor... At least until Fido chews off your childs face.
    actually, in my experience and i've never been w/o a dog or so....even in combat zones, the worst breeds are the old line purebreds....look at what's happened to the irish setter.......ruined a real pity....had a great english setter once, beautiful dog, blood lines back to the crusades......BUT a basket of nerves, most high strung dog i've ever had.....loved to hunt......but had to give her up....couldn't keep her round rambunctious kids. yep, the worst are the old line pure bloods and the best are curs, feists, mongrels and some of the newer purebreds. i'm currently the property of a damned good jack russel and blackfaced mountain cur.....mac

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast