Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Dog Training

Post Thanks / Like
    We boarded one of our dogs at the Heights center on 2410, and she got kennel cough. Talk about a hard to get rid of disease... it is worse that mange.

Mac, the place you mentioned in HH is "Bed n bisket"... and we boarded our current pooch there the last time we went to Florida. They are great.

We went to the new Stagecoach vet center to board her this time because all, and I mean every one, of the boarding places but that one will not let you pick up your pet until after Thanksgiving, and we wanted to get her 2 days before then. We didn't feel like keeping our dog in a place for 3 extra days after we got home just because the person who knows how to make out the bill and run the cash register couldn't find it in them to come in during the holiday. Made me wonder who was watching and caring for the critter during that time.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by xzochye View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Kennel cough isn't a big concern, it won't kill a puppy. I'm more concerned about Parvo.
    totally agree with you about Parvo but disagree with you about Kennel Cough (I never said it would kill the hound)....mac
    Live as if you were living a second time, and as though you had acted wrongly the first time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sojourner truth View Post
    We boarded one of our dogs at the Heights center on 2410, and she got kennel cough. Talk about a hard to get rid of disease... it is worse that mange.

Mac, the place you mentioned in HH is "Bed n bisket"... and we boarded our current pooch there the last time we went to Florida. They are great.

We went to the new Stagecoach vet center to board her this time because all, and I mean every one, of the boarding places but that one will not let you pick up your pet until after Thanksgiving, and we wanted to get her 2 days before then. We didn't feel like keeping our dog in a place for 3 extra days after we got home just because the person who knows how to make out the bill and run the cash register couldn't find it in them to come in during the holiday. Made me wonder who was watching and caring for the critter during that time.
    I haven't tried that "stagecoach vet center" yet. gonna have to give it a shot. i've heard real good stuff about it. i understand they're pretty high but i kind of expect to pay for what I get....mac
    Live as if you were living a second time, and as though you had acted wrongly the first time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, the reason we started going there is because the vet that started the clinic there is a daughter of a teacher friend of my wifes... They are pretty good, but not great. And yes, they are a bit pricier.

Shoot, any more it costs more for the dog than it does for us to go to the doctor.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like
    There was a place in San Antonio we loved called the Pawderosa. They allowed our dogs to hang together, they had play time with other dogs and we had a feed so we could watch them from time to time.
    "My days of not taking you seriously have come to a middle."
    ~ Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FieryPrincess View Post
    There was a place in San Antonio we loved called the Pawderosa. They allowed our dogs to hang together, they had play time with other dogs and we had a feed so we could watch them from time to time.
    aztec over here in HH let's us board our 2 dogs together, a little jack russell and a black faced mountain cur.....i used to have 2 little feists that they let me board together.....mac

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4