Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Facts About Growing Older

Post Thanks / Like

Facts About Growing Older

Nine Important Facts to Remember as You Grow Older

#9 Death is the number one killer in the world.

#8 Life is sexually transmitted.

#7 Good health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

#6 Men have two motivations: hunger and hanky panky. They cannot tell them apart. If you see a gleam in his eyes, make him a sandwich.

#5 Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day. Teach a person to use the Internet and they won't bother you for weeks, months, maybe years.

#4 Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in the hospital, dying of nothing.

#3 All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

#2 In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is weird, and people take Prozac to make it normal.

#1 Life is like a jar of jalapeno peppers. What you do today may be a burning issue tomorrow.
    "A boy cannot become a girl and a man cannot become a woman, not even if he shuts his eyes and wishes really hard."

2. LOL Night Owl, CenTexDave, madasheck, Mestral LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    4/5

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

Post Thanks / Like
    Add this to the mix: Growing old is vastly over rated.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    And when you wake up in the morning, if it works, it hurts.

Getting lucky means finding a quarter in the couch, and happy hour is a nap.

You chase the wife around the house naked for half an hour and when you catch her you forgot why.... and she forgets why she was running.

You believe in the hereafter... You walk into a roiom and wonder what you are in here after.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

6. Likes CenTexDave, Mestral liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CenTexDave View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Add this to the mix: Growing old is vastly over rated.
    well......for sure, "Golden Years" is......just got back from the VA and they want to fix my cataracs....i think i may let that slide...mac
    Last edited by mac; September 9th, 2016 at 7:15 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    well......for sure, "Golden Years" is......just got back from the VA and they want to fix my cataracs....i think i may let that slide...mac
    Don't let that slide, Mac. I had both of my eyes "done" at the Temple VA and it's so nice to see the world clearly again. They did one eye and when it was all healed and fully working they did the second one. The procedure is painless and after the surgery there is a little discomfort (kind of like a piece of sand in the eye) for a day or so. Because the lenses are fixed focus, you may have to wear some "readers" to read the KDH but I can see 10 pt print with no difficulty. Your wife will have to suffer a little because she has to sit there while they work on you and then she has to drive you home because you will still be under the influence of those wonderful drugs that put you mostly out during the surgery. They don't put you all the way under except when they deaden the eye because you may have to move your eye for them. Shucks, I'm sad that I only have two eyes. I would kind of like to go through that surgery again.
    "A boy cannot become a girl and a man cannot become a woman, not even if he shuts his eyes and wishes really hard."

9. Likes Grammar Rules, CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Don't let that slide, Mac. I had both of my eyes "done" at the Temple VA and it's so nice to see the world clearly again. They did one eye and when it was all healed and fully working they did the second one. The procedure is painless and after the surgery there is a little discomfort (kind of like a piece of sand in the eye) for a day or so. Because the lenses are fixed focus, you may have to wear some "readers" to read the KDH but I can see 10 pt print with no difficulty. Your wife will have to suffer a little because she has to sit there while they work on you and then she has to drive you home because you will still be under the influence of those wonderful drugs that put you mostly out during the surgery. They don't put you all the way under except when they deaden the eye because you may have to move your eye for them. Shucks, I'm sad that I only have two eyes. I would kind of like to go through that surgery again.
    Thanx, Ludwig....mac

Post Thanks / Like
    I was terrified when doctor told me that i needed cataract surgery because my vision was no longer correctable with glasses. I told him I really didn't want the surgery and he told me that I would be losing my driver's license in short order because I had a fast growing kind of cataracts. I second everything Ludwig said...worst part was having to wear a patch over my eye while I was sleeping...felt weird. Still have to wear glasses but I couldn't get over how bright and colorful the world was. Very glad I had to have it done.
    Last edited by Imagine; September 10th, 2016 at 6:23 AM.

12. Likes Grammar Rules, CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Don't let that slide, Mac. I had both of my eyes "done" at the Temple VA and it's so nice to see the world clearly again. They did one eye and when it was all healed and fully working they did the second one. ...
    Smart. Don't let them do both eyes in the same month.

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post
    I was terrified when doctor told me that i needed cataract surgery because my vision was no longer correctable with glasses. I told him I really didn't want the surgery and he told me that I would be losing my driver's license in short order because I had a fast growing kind of cataracts. I second everything Ludwig said...worst part was having to wear a patch over my eye while I was sleeping...felt weird. Still have to wear glasses but I couldn't get over how bright and colorful the world was. Very glad I had to have it done.
    My dad said the worst part was having to put drops in his eyes every three hours for two weeks.
    And that he couldn't work. (He is a hyperactive workaholic, even at 80+ years)
    I don't mind being called far right.
    I have been right so far.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, but growing old sure beats the alternative.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

15. LOL CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast