Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Week 3 Games

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sojourner truth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I guess that means CC may squeak by them this Friday....
    Cove has played Permiam, as well as the other HS there, and beaten both.
    Funny thing is my daughter and I went out there to check out UT-Permian Basin. The ladies' soccer coach was a diehard Permian fan -
    his son played for them. And he brought up how Cove kicked their butts back then.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hard to believe Shoemaker is this terrible, especially compared to last year.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CenTexDave View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hard to believe Shoemaker is this terrible, especially compared to last year.
    Brand new staff of guys that have worked together maybe 3 weeks or so, 2-3 kids on defense coming back with 4-5 on offense. Each week they are playing great teams that don't allow you to work through growing pains. They will be good in do time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Probably in due time to beat Cove again.

5. LOL xzochye, sickofpc LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    The demise of Midway was predicted too soon. They handled class 5-A #5 Temle easily last night.
    Belton put up 70 and looks fantastic.
    Ellison keeps rolling and is looking good.
    Cove is actually showing some promise, but their QB seems to have fumbleitis.

Post Thanks / Like
    Last nights Ellison/Montgomery game was about as close a game as I have ever seen. Down to the last few seconds and only stoipped from going into OT by catching the QB a few inches short of a 1st down.

Still, the Eagles are looking pretty good. They stayed with the pass almost exclusively for the entire game. I only saw a few running plays. But they did get a lot of really nice long gainers and a bunch of short outs that gained 10 yards time and time again.

In all honesty, I am glad Montgomery is not in our district. These guys are really good at the run, and almost unstoppable up the middle.

Very good close game. And the dining at Chez Buckley was excellent as always. Chili dogs and Frito pies on a Friday night. Doesn't get much better than that. And a win too.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

8. Likes CenTexDave, sickofpc liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    When I was a regular at the Cove games I used to go early (6PM) and chow down on their charcoal grilled burgers - they were great.
    By halftime it was time for a snack - Frito pie. Never left a game on empty.

Post Thanks / Like
    How many TDs does Ellison's QB have, every game they've had he's had at least 4 TDs it seems.

Post Thanks / Like
    He's their whole team. Stop him and that will be it for the Eagles.

12. Likes sojourner truth liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pretty much the same for most teams today running the spread.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast