Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: A Mental Disorder Identified

Post Thanks / Like
    Whoa - did you just say/imply Jesus' behavior doesn't matter? That we shouldn't attempt to emulate it?

And how do you see that definition 4 doesn't apply? If we run people off through jerky behavior, then aren't we depriving them of the right to what is offered through the Christian church and ultimately, Jesus?

And please please quote for me where Jesus commands us to act like jerks to others that God has created thereby ensuring that they will want nothing to do with His church because His children act like bullies. That sounds Muslim-y to me - all you're not doing is killing them outright. You're running them off to experience eternal damnation later. How is that Christian again? No wonder people don't want to be part of a church!

I agree with you an awful lot on things, and I respect a lot of what you have to say, but I really hope you don't believe what you just typed. Jesus commanded us to 'love our neighbors" above all things and supercedeing all other commandments. What's been floating around this thread is a clear violation of that.
    "My days of not taking you seriously have come to a middle."
    ~ Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Post Thanks / Like
    Speaking of mental disorders - anybody see LauraA lately?
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FieryPrincess View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Whoa - did you just say/imply Jesus' behavior doesn't matter?
    certainly not what i got out of itj but then everybody knows i have a comprehension problem......mac

4. LOL CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FieryPrincess View Post
    Whoa - did you just say/imply Jesus' behavior doesn't matter? That we shouldn't attempt to emulate it?
    I said it isn't what Jesus did, that we are to imitate, but rather, we are to do what He told us to do.

And how do you see that definition 4 doesn't apply? If we run people off through jerky behavior, then aren't we depriving them of the right to what is offered through the Christian church and ultimately, Jesus?

And please please quote for me where Jesus commands us to act like jerks to others that God has created thereby ensuring that they will want nothing to do with His church because His children act like bullies.
    I didn't run her off, nor forbid her entry into the Kingdom.
    She did that to herself when she started calling God a liar.

I agree with you an awful lot on things, and I respect a lot of what you have to say, but I really hope you don't believe what you just typed. Jesus commanded us to 'love our neighbors" above all things and supercedeing all other commandments. What's been floating around this thread is a clear violation of that.
    No, "Love God" was the one that supersedes all others, and the one to Love thy Neighbor is second.

Also, you might want to check out: Acts 5:1-11 and 1 Cor 5:5
    Very loving, but not from the world's point of view.

And, lest I forget 1 Tim 4:1-2
    Last edited by Mestral; September 5th, 2016 at 1:04 PM.
    I don't mind being called far right.
    I have been right so far.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    It appears that you may have problems with correct interpretation of the English language. I see none of what you charge on this thread.
    Probably not, one doesn't see outside of the box they put themselves into very easily. They raise the walls high, which makes it difficult to see outside of it.

Don't worry about it and be happy.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3