Elgin @ Harker Heights

Friday games(8/26):

Temple @ Belton

A&M Consolidated @ Copperas Cove

Leander @ Ellison

Cedar Park @ Midway

Saturday game(8/27):

Nuevo Leon @ Shoemaker, 10:30 AM start

What does everyone think of the district this year? This could be a big year for Ellison in particular.

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't really been following it much anymore. And, kind of surprisingly, not much coverage lately by the KDH.
    I know Cove scrimmaged at Abilene on Friday and not one word about how that went is in the paper.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Got tickets for the Friday night Ellison game. Hope it doesn't decide to rain on us all....
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

4. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Honestly this can be a big year for Ellison..9 offensive & 6 defensive starters coming back from a 6-4 team. Midway & Belton look strong, they'll probably be the top 2 teams in the district. Shoemaker lost some guys on defense but the offense returns a lot so l think they'll still be formidable. Could be the year 2 KISD teams make the playoffs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Would like to see Ellison do well, but can't see them doing better than 3rd or 4th in District.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hope Welch finally gets a defensive coordinator that can run a defense or else Cove will finish something like last year (3-8) or worse.
    His columns in the local Cove papers already seem to indicate he knows he's screwed.
    Last edited by CenTexDave; August 25th, 2016 at 9:01 AM.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    My heart's desire is for SHS to make it to playoffs for the third year in a row, meet up with Mansfield and WHOOP Coach Hall's new team!
    VOTE Rainwater and Snyder!!

BOYCOTT
    - Wells Laundry *Extraco Bank *Towne Services Moving and Storage *Purser Construction *Toyota of Killeen Patriot Buick *Bigham Kliewer Chapman & Watts Insurance Agency

9. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    LOL cnjbond LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I really don't follow high school. I do like it when the news or the newspaper has a story on any of the schools teams doing well and make it farl outside the district, whether badminton or football, it is nice to see the kids go far.
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

11. Likes CenTexDave, cnjbond liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fchafey View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I really don't follow high school. I do like it when the news or the newspaper has a story on any of the schools teams doing well and make it farl outside the district, whether badminton or football, it is nice to see the kids go far.
    Yet, it is in High School, and only in High School, where you find the sport in its relatively pure form. After that, sport becomes tainted with monetary gain issues.
    "A boy cannot become a girl and a man cannot become a woman, not even if he shuts his eyes and wishes really hard."

13. Thanks CenTexDave, fchafey thanked this post
    Likes sojourner truth liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Right on, Mein Herr. The kids play in high school for love of the game, although many hope they can earn a football scholarship to a university.
    In college all they care about is getting to the NFL.
    In the NFL all they care about is $$.
    While I enjoy watching the NFL, and I love watching college ball, I'd much rather spend a Friday night at the Dawg Pound. Atmosphere is much better.

15. Likes fchafey liked this post
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast