Thread: Olympics

Post Thanks / Like

Olympics

The US Women's Soccer Team was eliminated by Sweden yesterday after a penalty kick shootout.
    Hope Solo, as always, was very classy by stating "they were a bunch of cowards".
    The vaunted American attack/offense was held to 6 goals in 4 matches.
    The rest of the world has caught up to them.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CenTexDave View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The US Women's Soccer Team was eliminated by Sweden yesterday after a penalty kick shootout.
    Hope Solo, as always, was very classy by stating "they were a bunch of cowards".
    The vaunted American attack/offense was held to 6 goals in 4 matches.
    The rest of the world has caught up to them.
    Dave: I saw her say that but couldn't relate it to anything that happened on the field. do you know what it was that she thought was "cowardly" play or behavior? I wish she hadn't done that. that team has always been (generally) a class act, plus which, my daughters and granddaughters are crazy about them.....mac

3. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    In her mind she thinks they played "cowardly" because they were content to play hard nosed defense and not attack, rather wait to a good opening. It worked. Got to the penalty kick
    shootout and I knew then we were screwed.
    Solo was the only one acting like that. Classless as usual. Carli Lloyd was bummed out, but at least she was a good sport about it. And Mallory Pugh, our 18 year old phenom who had
    to leave late in regular time due to injury, limped onto the field after it was decided and stood there congratulating the Swedes. The USWNT should part ways with Hope Solo.
    Gotta remember their coach is the former USWNT coach who led them to two Olympic Golds - she knows girls and how to play us. We have not beaten her in 4 games
    since she took over the Swedes.
    Last edited by CenTexDave; August 13th, 2016 at 2:16 PM.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.