Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Cowboys' QB Kellen Moore Breaks His Ankle

Post Thanks / Like
    Talked to Coach this morning who had a long talk with Showers last night... Poor kid is pretty down in the dumps.

Supposedly he has 5 other teams looking at him right now, but can't respond due to contract stipulations... I mean, if the Boys won't give him a fair shake (and putting him in the 4th quarter with receivers who couldn't catch a cold in the flu clinic is not a fair shot) might as well go somewhere else where he could at least get a shot as a working backup...

Still $150,000 a week to toss balls to the practice squad ain't hay either.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

2. Likes The321, CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    well, that's not the way those ole boys I was talkin' to tell it. they say he's divorcing her.....mac
    He thinks he has found greener pastures....
    Disposable relationships seem to be the current trends....
    America Love it or leave it!
    LLAP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The321 View Post
    ... Disposable relationships seem to be the current trends....
    As long as life is about "I" rather than the "other" there is in reality no relationship to dispose of. The "I" just takes a walk to find another adventure for the self. Heaven help us when the Millenials take over... things will be much, much worse.
    "A boy cannot become a girl and a man cannot become a woman, not even if he shuts his eyes and wishes really hard."

5. Thanks sojourner truth thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sojourner truth View Post
    Talked to Coach this morning who had a long talk with Showers last night... Poor kid is pretty down in the dumps.

Supposedly he has 5 other teams looking at him right now, but can't respond due to contract stipulations... I mean, if the Boys won't give him a fair shake (and putting him in the 4th quarter with receivers who couldn't catch a cold in the flu clinic is not a fair shot) might as well go somewhere else where he could at least get a shot as a working backup...

Still $150,000 a week to toss balls to the practice squad ain't hay either.
    Think he needs to try and stick it out. All indications are that Romo won't last the season.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, he doesn't have much choice per his contract anyhow... He can't talk to other teams, but his agent can, and that may prove interesting.

From talking to coach, it seems Showers likes the Boys and wants to stay with them... But that can change when you have talent and are really hamstrung on a practice field... I suppose he knows how Tebow felt now.

Only time will tell how this will play out though.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like
    Where did you get the info that Showers makes $150,000 a week?...I may be wrong, ...but I don't think so.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, from talking to a friend of mine who was his HS coach and who also talks to him on the phone almost weekly. I may have been wrong and it may be $150,000 a month, but I am pretty sure it was told to me as a weekly salary by coach..

But then again, that was from Showers to coach and who knows if Showers is telling the truth in this matter, right?

Post Thanks / Like
    According to Yahoo Sports, that's his annual salary. If he makes the 53 man roster I'm sure it will go up quite a bit.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, just to be clear on it, I'll ask coach again Sunday when I see him.

Oh, and I see that Dez is already out for a while with a concussion. With Dez, how could one tell?

12. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    From what I have read online(if the information is accurate), several sources list $450,000 as the 2016 annual income for Showers. I saw that he had a 3-year contract for about 1.5 million.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast