Thread: Gas stoves repair...

Post Thanks / Like

Gas stoves repair...

Anyone know of a plumber or someone who works on gas ranges? Wife concerned about too much orange in the tip of the flame. Don't know if i remember how to clean and adjust burners or not. Getting to old to mess with this stuff....Appreciate it.. Can't get Atmos to do anything or even give advice...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by circle_c View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone know of a plumber or someone who works on gas ranges? Wife concerned about too much orange in the tip of the flame. Don't know if i remember how to clean and adjust burners or not. Getting to old to mess with this stuff....Appreciate it.. Can't get Atmos to do anything or even give advice...
    well....she's right to be concerned, that's for sure. You don't want any orange there....just 2 shades of blue. but more than likely all you need to do is clean out the orfice with one of those welding torch tip reamers (costs less than a buck at lowes). If that doesn't do it well then, just call sears and they'll come out and do it.....mac (you don't by any chance live out here at hymesa, do you?.....mac
    Last edited by mac; May 23rd, 2016 at 4:17 PM.

3. Thanks circle_c thanked this post
    Likes sojourner truth liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Think you are getting too much air, not enough gas. Try - carefully - what Mac suggests. If it doesn't work
    then call in an appliance repair person that services gas appliances - stoves, furnaces, etc.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

5. Thanks circle_c thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    well....she's right to be concerned, that's for sure. You don't want any orange there....just 2 shades of blue. but more than likely all you need to do is clean out the orfice with one of those welding torch tip reamers (costs less than a buck at lowes). If that doesn't do it well then, just call sears and they'll come out and do it.....mac (you don't by any chance live out here at hymesa, do you?.....mac
    Thanks Mac.. Not too far away from Hymesa. but No.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CenTexDave View Post
    Think you are getting too much air, not enough gas. Try - carefully - what Mac suggests. If it doesn't work
    then call in an appliance repair person that services gas appliances - stoves, furnaces, etc.
    Hard to find such a critter 'round here. Thought ModernTV might but Nope. I think mac has the best solution. Sears and or my self. Thought maybe to much humidity in the air from the conditioner or something of that nature. Buut I imagine the orfice is cruddy all burners are like that great blue on the bottom half 60% up the flame.. Thanks Y'all appreciate it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by circle_c View Post
    Hard to find such a critter 'round here. Thought ModernTV might but Nope. I think mac has the best solution. Sears and or my self. Thought maybe to much humidity in the air from the conditioner or something of that nature. Buut I imagine the orfice is cruddy all burners are like that great blue on the bottom half 60% up the flame.. Thanks Y'all appreciate it.
    if you look on the pipe you'll prob'ly see what kind of looks like a shield screwed to the pipe somewheres 'tween the burners and the source. actually what that is is a cover (and regulator) for how much oxygen is getting to your burner...if you'll unloosen one of the scews you'll see that you can make it cover more or less of the hole it covers. now then, just fire up a burner or 2 and move that little patch around until you get that beautiful 2 tone blue color and you'll be there.....mac

9. Thanks Mestral, CenTexDave, circle_c thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    if you look on the pipe you'll prob'ly see what kind of looks like a shield screwed to the pipe somewheres 'tween the burners and the source. actually what that is is a cover (and regulator) for how much oxygen is getting to your burner...if you'll unloosen one of the scews you'll see that you can make it cover more or less of the hole it covers. now then, just fire up a burner or 2 and move that little patch around until you get that beautiful 2 tone blue color and you'll be there.....mac
    That's what I was trying to remember... thanks again mac... Very helpful. My CRS is waking up now.

11. Likes Mestral liked this post
    LOL cnjbond LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you were to call Sears, they would send a contracted person to come out and fix it. Sears doesnt have employees of thier own to do that. You can go to Lowes or Home Despot and ask them at teh appliance place who they use and they will give you a card as well. Usally you can ask for a card and they can come off the clock and do work for you. Sure it will cost a bit the first time, but afterwards, you now have a repairman. Just my 2C.
    Last edited by fchafey; May 24th, 2016 at 6:23 AM.
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

13. Thanks circle_c thanked this post
    Likes circle_c, Mestral liked this post