Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Are there any cool places to live in Killeen?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ithoughtso View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Killeen is about carnies, developers and scammers and their minions. Nice aint here. Even nationally it is known as a scruffy town.
    Funny, I had family visit from up North and they kept commenting how nice everything was. Even driving through downtown before they spiffed it up.

2. Thanks just2cents thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Spent the last 3 weeks at Leavenworth and there were a lot of people talking about how much nicer Killeen has gotten, and they are hopeful Fayetteville will take the hint around Bragg, same with Elizabethtown, KY around Knox. What is funny to me is, only having lived here for 30 years is seeing how many people are settling down in this scruffy little town.
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

4. Likes just2cents liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I grew up in East Texas. When my ex was got orders for Fort Hood EVERYONE I talked to told me how horrible Killeen was. I have now lived here for 25 years, I find it is a normal town just like any other normal town, ugly parts, beautiful parts, scary parts, and safe parts. I believe Tyler, which I left, leads Killeen in gunshot wounds. You make a place what it is.

6. Thanks fchafey, siamcat, munnie62 thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fchafey View Post
    Spent the last 3 weeks at Leavenworth and there were a lot of people talking about how much nicer Killeen has gotten, and they are hopeful Fayetteville will take the hint around Bragg, same with Elizabethtown, KY around Knox. What is funny to me is, only having lived here for 30 years is seeing how many people are settling down in this scruffy little town.
    In the stockade??
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

8. LOL Night Owl, just2cents LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CenTexDave View Post
    In the stockade??
    Want to have a laugh? they (the establishment, the man, big government) has decided to align civilian education with that of the military. Since I am a retired SFC, I got credit for the Civilian Basic Course, however I needed to complete the intermediate Course to be totally "qualified" for my grade. Brand new POI, it was three weeks of doctrine, and I will admit I learned a lot, it was worth it, and Kansas barbeque, a Royals game, WWI museum and the Negro Baseball League Hall of Fame, on the government nickel was pretty nice. You cant get near the stockade, it is for some reason a bit secure.
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

Post Thanks / Like
    My wife is from Detroit and she thinks it is great here.... Go figure.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

11. LOL CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    From what I have read, there are some areas trying to make a comeback, but the
    majority of the city is still a ghetto in ruins.
    Really too bad - 50 years ago Detroit was one of the most beautiful cities in the country.
    Then cometh the Democratic mayors and................
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fchafey View Post
    Want to have a laugh? they (the establishment, the man, big government) has decided to align civilian education with that of the military. Since I am a retired SFC, I got credit for the Civilian Basic Course, however I needed to complete the intermediate Course to be totally "qualified" for my grade. Brand new POI, it was three weeks of doctrine, and I will admit I learned a lot, it was worth it, and Kansas barbeque, a Royals game, WWI museum and the Negro Baseball League Hall of Fame, on the government nickel was pretty nice. You cant get near the stockade, it is for some reason a bit secure.
    Too bad. Figured you went there to visit that murdering Hasan.

14. LOL fchafey LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah... Maybe shake hands with him... Around his throat for a few minutes.

Bring him some Depends.... soaked in Kerosene.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

16. Likes fchafey, CenTexDave liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3