Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Are there any cool places to live in Killeen?

Cedarwhackerville, Bell County-7 Generations
    Post Thanks / Like
    According to a billboard on I 35, there was a Celebrate Killeen Festival last weekend. Anything cool come out of that?
    Y'ALL MEANS ALL.

Post Thanks / Like
    He wants a custom home, but he is not opposed to buying a foreclosure. He bought a couple where he lived last, but I am sure he is getting out of that.

Post Thanks / Like
    The Central Texas Home-builders Association is putting on their Parade of Homes show May 14/15 & 21/22. This would be a good opportunity to check out the builders that are in the Killeen/Harker Heights/Nolanville area but the Temple Area Builders (TABA) are head and shoulders above the Killeen area builders when it comes to Custom homes...IMHO. So if he's leaning more towards custom, then the Temple/Belton area will probably provide better options for him.
    The difference between try and triumph is just a little umph! ~ Marvin Philliips

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Grammar Rules View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    According to a billboard on I 35, there was a Celebrate Killeen Festival last weekend. Anything cool come out of that?
    It was ok. Not a lot of vendors. Tons of food carts. A few shows on the green. It was better back when they let the vendors set up inside.

Sent from Command Central

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Grammar Rules View Post
    Seemed a bit smaller this year than previous years, but then I didn't really stay to see much.

Post Thanks / Like
    It was pretty much the same old same old. We took the kids to the carnival, which of course they enjoyed. I am always amazed at how much money some people spend at a place like that, with no worries...including paying 9 and 10 dollars for a turkey leg. Of course, everyone has their Iphones out....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Owl View Post
    No cool places to live in Killeen unless it's cold out then it's cool all over the endless city.
    Wish you would get this correct - Killeen is the City Without Limits, not the endless city!!
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

8. LOL Night Owl LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CenTexDave View Post
    Wish you would get this correct - Killeen is the City Without Limits, not the endless city!!
    Endless, without limits its all the same when it comes to their codes and wanting to put fingers in your wallet.

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

10. LOL CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Speaking of codes, the crew that takes care of Stagecoach from East Trimmier to Mounted Lion is a stand up bunch. They keep that place looking spiffy all the time. Certainly a different crew than the one that keeps WS Young from Airfield Plaza to the right hand bend trimmed and policed.
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

Post Thanks / Like
    Killeen is about carnies, developers and scammers and their minions. Nice aint here. Even nationally it is known as a scruffy town.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast