Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Local Golf Courses

Post Thanks / Like

Favorite Local Golf Courses

Just curious to see what your local favorite golf courses are around here (Killeen, FT Hood, Cove, Temple & Salado). I've only played at Hood and Cove, and between the two, I DEFINITELY prefer the Courses at Clear Creek!

My golf game is terrible so I need wide open fairways or at least have the sides open enough to find most of my balls. Cove's fairways are fairly narrow and your balls a goner if it gets into the trees off to the left and right of most fairways. I wouldn't mind going back to play at Cove but my golf game will have to improve quite a bit before that happens.

Anyone else have a preference?
    The difference between try and triumph is just a little umph! ~ Marvin Philliips

Post Thanks / Like
    Hummm, ...cnj, to me, Cove is the easiest course around. I really like it...Sammons is a fun course to play......If you want the wide open spaces..take a short drive to Moody. It is wiiiide open (resembling a cow pasture).....A little tip to help you hit it straighter while you are learning, perhaps...take one more club than you think you need, and don't try to hit it so hard...just a nice, smoothe swing.
    Last edited by sickofpc; April 22nd, 2016 at 7:04 PM.

3. Thanks cnjbond thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cove has a golf course??
    Oh, that's right. That thing that the city keeps dumping money into, that can't support itself.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

5. LOL cnjbond LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    A friend of mine said there are 3 keys to a good golf shot - keep your head down, keep your damn head down, and keep your goddamn head down.
    He also said that if you don't keep your head down, you'll never look up to see a good golf shot.

7. Likes curmudgeon liked this post
    LOL cnjbond, sickofpc LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    cnj, if you are in the market for some more clubs, (to help you hit it straighter, better) I have an extra set of custom clubs,... graphite shafts, extra length, with oversized grips..that I would make you a good deal on....

9. Thanks cnjbond thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sickofpc View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    cnj, if you are in the market for some more clubs, (to help you hit it straighter, better) I have an extra set of custom clubs,... graphite shafts, extra length, with oversized grips..that I would make you a good deal on....
    Lemme guess - they are not yours.

11. LOL CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, they are mine...as well as another full set of clubs and several individual clubs...drivers, wedges, and putters.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sickofpc View Post
    Thanks for the offer but I'm still in the early stages of trying to find consistency in my game (and probably developing bad habits in the process). Right now I'm all over the place with alignment, ball strike, posture (getting a little better) and hand grip. Once I'm pretty consistent in those areas, whether good or bad, I'll go to a shop and do the swing analysis and fitting.
    The difference between try and triumph is just a little umph! ~ Marvin Philliips

Post Thanks / Like
    Haven't played at Cove's course in 20 years so decided to give it a try yesterday.
    Yep - I've still got it. Shot a 82!!
    But the back 9 was a disaster - shot a 94!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

15. LOL Night Owl, cnjbond, sickofpc, curmudgeon LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cnjbond View Post
    Thanks for the offer but I'm still in the early stages of trying to find consistency in my game (and probably developing bad habits in the process). Right now I'm all over the place with alignment, ball strike, posture (getting a little better) and hand grip. Once I'm pretty consistent in those areas, whether good or bad, I'll go to a shop and do the swing analysis and fitting.
    The key is to grip the club like you are holding a bird. Just tight enough to keep the bird from getting loose. The tighter the grip the more control you lose. Golf pro at Ft Leavenworth taught me the best grip. I was trying to kill my poor club.

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

17. LOL CenTexDave, cnjbond LOL'd at this post
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast