Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Favorite Local Golf Courses

Post Thanks / Like
    cnj, hope you are enjoying this weather and getting to play a lot. If you can try to hit a few balls a day, or every other day, even if just chipping in your back yard,...you will be surprised how quickly that you will improve. Once you feel comfortable and confident over the ball, you will be on your way to really enjoying the game.

2. Thanks cnjbond thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sickofpc View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    cnj, hope you are enjoying this weather and getting to play a lot. If you can try to hit a few balls a day, or every other day, even if just chipping in your back yard,...you will be surprised how quickly that you will improve. Once you feel comfortable and confident over the ball, you will be on your way to really enjoying the game.
    I was actually gonna try and go out this morning but the rain changed my plans so I just went to range. I try to go to the range at least once or twice a week and I also practice my swing inside on the carpet with my 6 iron...hopefully I can catch a good sale on practice nets to put up in the backyard!
    The difference between try and triumph is just a little umph! ~ Marvin Philliips

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like you are getting better ....You might also get some plastic wiffle golf balls to hit in your back yard, also...They actually help by showing what kind of spin you are putting on the ball, what kind of contact you are making, but not traveling very far.

Post Thanks / Like
    Moving to the area (Killeen) this fall and was wondering how many course are there and what are typical range fees? Are the courses usually pretty busy (ie hard to get on)? Thanks in advance

6. Likes Rick, cnjbond liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum Eric and an early welcome to Central Texas. Military?

There are quite a few courses in the area. Ft Hood has a 27 hole course and is normally in good shape but can be difficult to get on on the weekends and early mornings. Bunch of retirees have standing tees times.

Killeen has a course that is pretty good. Lots of open area on most holes.

copperss Cove also has a course that is decent and short. Has some holes that are tight and a wayward drive will cost you a ball or two or three. Lol

Prices are reasonable and should cost less than $50 for fees and cart.

we are close to many other courses in the surrounding area. Austin, Round Rock, Waco have many courses but fees are higher than here.

Hope that helps.

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

8. Likes Rick, cnjbond, fchafey, EricInDenver liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for the welcome. No, not military, but the move will be job related. Thanks for all of the great info on the courses. Although I am a "hack" golfer, I do find something very therapeutic on hitting the heck out of a golf ball.

10. Likes Night Owl, cnjbond, curmudgeon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EricInDenver View Post
    Thank you for the welcome. No, not military, but the move will be job related. Thanks for all of the great info on the courses. Although I am a "hack" golfer, I do find something very therapeutic on hitting the heck out of a golf ball.
    Just be ready for the 100 degree weather and that's on a cool day.

Heard through the rumor mill that the Devil came to Killeen looking for Dag and j2c and left for hell after the sun came up saying he had to go cool off.
    Last edited by Night Owl; July 26th, 2016 at 7:33 PM.

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

12. LOL CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EricInDenver View Post
    I'm a hacker as well but it makes it all worth while for that one GREAT shot that makes you forget about the 50 terrible ones you hit!
    The difference between try and triumph is just a little umph! ~ Marvin Philliips

14. Likes Night Owl liked this post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4