Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on Upcoming Draft

Post Thanks / Like

Thoughts on Upcoming Draft

Rumors flying around ESPN, CBS, NFL Network,etc., that the Titans and/or Browns may trade their top picks (#'s 1 and 2) and stock pile
    picks.
    Anyone's thoughts?
    I'll start by saying the Browns should do exactly that. Yeah, they need a QB (verdict still out on RGIII), but don't believe these two
    college kids (Wentz and Goff) are hardly the next coming of Andrew Luck or Peyton Manning. Trade that #2 pick for a team's #1 and #2
    and start taking the best player available at the time. The Browns already have 10 draft picks thanks to compensation for losing their
    free agents. Would go a long way to reboot this pathetic team. And they're gonna need another extra pick or two now that WR Josh Gordon
    decided to smoke another joint and his suspension wasn't lifted.
    And I think they were correct in letting those free agents walk. Mack was a very good center, but centers don't deserve that kind of $.
    Schwartz was a decent RT - whoopee, can find another one easy. Travis Benjamin was a good WR and return man, but plenty of WR's
    available. I don't like their cutting of LB Karlos Dansby - said he was getting old. That and a fairly high paycheck, but the guy they signed
    to replace him is mediocre at best.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

2. Likes cnjbond, sickofpc liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wouldn't trade too far down if I were the Browns because there are a couple of impact players in the 1-10 spots that could really help them turn things around but I agree on them not really needing either of the top 2 rated QBs in this year's draft. They'll probably be good fits on a team that can take the 1 or 2 years needed to groom them.
    The difference between try and triumph is just a little umph! ~ Marvin Philliips

4. Likes CenTexDave, sickofpc liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    ESPN is projecting they may trade down the Eagles. Would then give them the #6 pick. They already have the #32 pick, so would also get the #6 in the second round.
    Will take them I believe, 3 years to turn that mess around, but it starts next month. With a possible 11 draft picks, and hopefully they don't do a "Manziel, Weeden, Gilbert"
    type of pick, they should be able to get a lot of good players.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Who do the Cowboys draft with their first pick?? Many think Zeke Elliott. While he would probably be the next coming of Adrian Peterson behind that OL, I
    think they need to look at the defense first.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CenTexDave View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ESPN is projecting they may trade down the Eagles. Would then give them the #6 pick. They already have the #32 pick, so would also get the #6 in the second round.
    Will take them I believe, 3 years to turn that mess around, but it starts next month. With a possible 11 draft picks, and hopefully they don't do a "Manziel, Weeden, Gilbert"
    type of pick, they should be able to get a lot of good players.
    You have to remember it is the Brownies you are putting your hopes on. When was the last time they had a good draft.

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

Post Thanks / Like
    1957 when they selected some guy who also played basketball and lacrosse at Syracuse named Jim Brown.

9. Likes Night Owl, fchafey, sickofpc liked this post
    LOL Night Owl, cnjbond, sickofpc LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who do the Cowboys draft with their first pick?? Many think Zeke Elliott. While he would probably be the next coming of Adrian Peterson behind that OL, I
    I have absolutely NO idea!!! The experts have been all over the place on projecting their pick. I agree on them needing to look at filling the holes on defense first but I'm still kind of hoping they go for Wentz if he's available. If he isn't, then Jalen Ramsey (CB from Florida State) wouldn't be a bad pick at that spot either, if he's available. Dallas trading their #4 isn't out of the question either...
    The difference between try and triumph is just a little umph! ~ Marvin Philliips

Post Thanks / Like
    A good RB can be found later in the draft. Denver has lived with RBs in later rounds. They need to focus on Defense first, last and in between.

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

12. Thanks CenTexDave thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well the Titans have traded their #1 to the Rams so Wentz is probably off the board at #4 so looks like a trade down may be in play for the Boys.

14. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I imagine the Rams did that to grab Wentz, or maybe Goff. I'm not sold on either of those
    two QBs. But they sure paid a heavy price to move up. I don't believe Cleveland will grab a QB at #2.
    Now that Josh Gordon has shown he will probably never be reinstated they need a great WR. But I wouldn't grab a WR at #2 either.
    Of course the Browns have so many holes they should just take whoever is the best player available - period.
    We know the Cowboys don't need OL help, so that narrows it a bit. And as good as Elliott is, I wouldn't take
    him at #4 either. Ramsey would be a good pick, but there are other excellent CB/Safeties available.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast