Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on Upcoming Draft

Post Thanks / Like
    Well the Browns just traded their #2 with the Eagles, this is getting pretty interesting and the draft hasn't even started yet!!!
    The difference between try and triumph is just a little umph! ~ Marvin Philliips

2. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kind of what I figured would happen. They weren't sold on either of those two QBs.
    Best way to rebuild is through the draft, and now they have a huge amount of draft picks.
    Sure, they'll still suck as the rookies get used to it, but a good move.
    Here's what they get for trading down:
    Eagles 1st round pick (#8), plus the Eagles' #3 and #4 this year.
    Eagles #1 in 2017 and #2 in 2018.
    Eagles get this year's #2 overall pick and the Browns' #4 in 2017.
    This gives Cleveland 10 or so picks, and in many rounds a very high pick.
    So who, what position will they draft? They need virtually everything, but think it will
    look something like this (not predicting what player or position they take in each round):
    CB, WR, OL (possibly 2 offensive linemen) QB, S, DL, LB
    Hope I live to see it, but the Browns finally seem to have it figured out.
    Last edited by CenTexDave; April 20th, 2016 at 1:31 PM.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

4. Likes cnjbond, fchafey liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CenTexDave View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Kind of what I figured would happen. They weren't sold on either of those two QBs.
    Best way to rebuild is through the draft, and now they have a huge amount of draft picks.
    Sure, they'll still suck as the rookies get used to it, but a good move.
    Here's what they get for trading down:
    Eagles 1st round pick (#8), plus the Eagles' #3 and #4 this year.
    Eagles #1 in 2017 and #2 in 2018.
    Eagles get this year's #2 overall pick and the Browns' #4 in 2017.
    This gives Cleveland 10 or so picks, and in many rounds a very high pick.
    Hope I live to see it, but the Browns finally seem to have it figured out.
    It all depends on who they take with those picks. Remember it's the Browns who've never seen a penny they don't squeeze.

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

6. LOL CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dave, you think the Browns have figured it out?..lol..I didn't realize you were such an optimist !!

8. Likes Night Owl liked this post
    LOL Night Owl, CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Like the Owl said - depends who they draft with those picks.
    The old Browns' regime surely previously screwed big trades for draft picks, but
    these new guys seem different. Everybody was down on them for letting those
    free agents walk. Sorry, don't agree. Glad those guys got their big payday at
    some other team's expense. Alex Mack is a real good center, but centers don't get
    the kind of money he wanted. Their RT Schwartz was good, but not a dominant right tackle that
    could switch to LT when Joe Thomas retired. Travis Benjamin is a speedy WR but not any
    Larry Fitzgerald or Calvin Johnson. I did not agree with their cutting LB Karlos Dansby. Although
    he is getting up there in age, he was still their best LB and the guy they signed in free agency
    to replace him does not impress me.
    But think it was all part of their plan. They were way under the cap space before free agency
    began. By not signing those guys they now have a huge amount of money available for this
    year's draft.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

10. Likes Night Owl liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Today's the day so what's y'alls picks?

We know the 1st two will be Wentz and Goff but I'm still not sure where San Diego goes with their pick. I still think the Boys will go with Ramsey if he's available but they'll probably entertain trades if he's not.
    The difference between try and triumph is just a little umph! ~ Marvin Philliips

Post Thanks / Like
    Didn't see that coming...not sure about running back is what the Boys needed.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't understand them selecting Zeke either, but then none of this draft in the first round made a whole lot of sense to me.
    San Diego takes Bosa and will use him as an OLB in a 3-4 defense?
    The Browns traded down and got more draft picks. Lots of draft picks, but let's get realistic - how many of those in the 6th-7th
    round will make the team??
    I read "grading the draft" on 3 different sports websites this morning and none of them agree. One thought the Cowboys drafting
    Elliott was a blunder; one of the others thought it was brilliant. But like Mr. Bond stated, while he is a great RB that is not the Cowboys' most pressing problem.
    They are opening the season with no DE's. I imagine they had targeted Bosa, but when San Diego grabbed him then they went to plan B.
    Last edited by CenTexDave; April 29th, 2016 at 8:44 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CenTexDave View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They are opening the season with no DE's. I imagine they had targeted Bosa, but when San Diego grabbed him then they went to plan B.
    He shouldn't have even been a plan C, D, or E! Taking him #1 would've made a little more sense if they hadn't picked up Morris from the Redskins but this just has me scratching my head. I'm sure Easy E will be a great running back but I'm not so sure he needed to be a great running back for the Cowboys with so many more important holes on the other side of the ball. Seems like half the D is out due to drug suspensions or injuries...

15. Likes Night Owl, fchafey, CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just read on CBS Sports website that Jerry wants to trade up to get pick #32 which belongs to the Browns.
    Seems he just realized he needs a couple of pass rushers.
    If I was Cleveland I'd tell him to pound sand.

17. Likes cnjbond liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast