Thread: Congrats Red Wings

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats Red Wings

I know most on here don't follow hockey much.

Just wanted to give a shout out to the Wings for making it into the playoffs for the 25th year in a row (ok, they eked in this year, but still).

It's been a while since the won the Cup, but I'm proud of them anyway.

Even when the old guard leaves they manage to find talented young players and keep on trucking.

Even better they play in an arena that's not named after a company. They play at the Joe ( Joe Lewis ) and love to throw octopi on the ice
    Last edited by siamcat; April 12th, 2016 at 8:12 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a couple good friends from Michigan and what I find funny is often during Lions games, when they start losing the crowd will chant "Let's go Red Wings", it is a great franchise. Was very happy when the Devils beat them quite a few years ago. That is a high mark, 25 in a row...
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

3. Likes siamcat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    What is hockey???
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

5. LOL siamcat LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CenTexDave View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What is hockey???
    It is so much fun to watch. They don't fight that much anymore, but I remember a game between the Wings and the Avalanche many moons ago where pretty much everybody on the ice, including the goalies was duking it out.

We had quite a rivalry going.