Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: LauraA Thinks I Outed her Real Name (Messages moved from Candidate Topic)

Cedarwhackerville, Bell County-7 Generations
    Post Thanks / Like
    There are plenty of insults and name-calling on both sides of the aisle. For the record, I prefer to remain officially anonymous to the few who don't know who I am.
    Y'ALL MEANS ALL.

2. Likes Rick, CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by oicu812 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There's a difference, folks, between not being overly politically correct and simply being rude. Saying you're not being politically correct does NOT excuse rudeness.

Rick, you MAY be technically correct in your public forum statement (and I frankly think you're not), but it's still not civil. What, then, is the purpose of your keeping identities secret for this forum if they can be selectively aired whenever someone makes up a rule about it? Just so you can "out" someone whom you don't like or whose views you don't like?

Perhaps I should go hunting for everyone's identity on the Internet and publish it here. According to what you stated to Laura, Rick, that would be fair game, right? Would everyone like it if I did that? I mean, seriously. Let's just blow it all up if we're going to cross that line. Anyone? Bueller?

Yeah. I didn't think so. So let's stop with the excuses of "running for political office" or "public domain" or whatever self-justification anyone else wants to make up and just follow the rules of the site. Keep the identities private no matter who we are or what role we play on the site because that's part of the rules we all agreed to when we joined.
    It's about a person's identity and anonymity. You obviously wish to keep your identity private, so I respect that and would not allow it to be posted. However, if you use or acknowledge your first and last name, then your identity has been made public and you no longer are anonymous. It isn't as if Laura's maiden name or someone's middle name being known makes them less anonymous.

She did not object to her maiden name being posted more than a month ago. She did not object to her maiden name being posted the day before I posted a screen shot of it.

4. Thanks CenTexDave, Night Owl thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    You don't like it when someone turns your own game on you, eh?
    Well, it hasn't happened yet, so I don't know.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    It's about a person's identity and anonymity. You obviously wish to keep your identity private, so I respect that and would not allow it to be posted. However, if you use or acknowledge your first and last name, then your identity has been made public and you no longer are anonymous. It isn't as if Laura's maiden name or someone's middle name being hidden makes them less anonymous.

She did not object to her maiden name being posted more than a month ago. She did not object to her maiden name being posted the day before I posted a screen shot of it.
    I use my own name on my Facebook account. It does not mean that I wish it to be made public on here. Your argument regarding Laura (public domain) would indicate that you should be able to post mine because I use it on Facebook. That's not consistent.

The fact that she may or may not have been aware of the posting of her maiden name is not an indicator of tacit acceptance or permission. For the record, don't post my name without express permission from me.

7. LOL Night Owl LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Well, it hasn't happened yet, so I don't know.
    At least, not that you've realized.

9. Likes LauraA liked this post
    LOL Night Owl LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I use my own name on my Facebook account. It does not mean that I wish it to be made public on here. Your argument regarding Laura (public domain) would indicate that you should be able to post mine because I use it on Facebook. That's not consistent.
    She gave up her anonymity on this forum on her own. Sorry you refuse to understand that.

The fact that she may or may not have been aware of the posting of her maiden name is not an indicator of tacit acceptance or permission.
    It was first posted on February 11th, she even quoted the message on February 12th. Had she asked me then to delete it, I would have. But she didn't.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    By the way, in the below post referring to a post that used her maiden name from a Facebook page, she said it was fine to quote her. It was only after she saw my post did she object. You'll have to ask her why.

Quote Originally Posted by LauraA View Post
    I am glad it was clear to you but I don't think it was to most people. If you are quoting me, fine quote me, but why post the additional comments that are not attributable to Lan or I?
    Note what her objection WAS NOT about.

In message #287 she even quoted the post that used that name. So yes, she has posted that name on this forum.

Post Thanks / Like
    Typical conservative. Always trying to pull the liberal card to frame whatever behavior they want to gripe about. So simple to just name call and stick your fingers in your ears afterwards. Must be nice to live life so simply.

I'll bet money I don't have that if conservatives were forced to not label and stereotype the world would be much quieter.....
    Typical liberal. Make an idiotic post, which is the liberal norm. If liberals were forced to do the same they wouldn't have anything to say.

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe the thread needs to be renamed as "Questions to anonymous liberal Democrat operative running for KISD school board" then...

I'm sure it will show up on the ballot that way.

But then, all she wants is the name recognition anyhow... just not the ability to track her past so much.

Not like anyone here is going to vote for her anyhow... except maybe one or 2.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

14. LOL Rick, Night Owl, Grammar Rules LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    oicu, typical liberal..lol...using money that is not yours

16. Likes Night Owl liked this post
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast