Thread: WANTED: /Furniture mover with experience in German Shranks

Post Thanks / Like

WANTED: /Furniture mover with experience in German Shranks

Anybody out there know of anybody out there who's into moving furniture and able to disassemble and reassemble German Shranks? I pay pretty damned good.....mac

Post Thanks / Like
    Man, I don't mind moving stuff, so I looked it up...I'm noping out of this one. Lol

3. LOL cnjbond LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shotgun Jeremy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Man, I don't mind moving stuff, so I looked it up...I'm noping out of this one. Lol
    actually, moving's the least of it....maybe 2 feet.

disassembly on the old carpet and reassembly on the new wood flooring is the job......mac

Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder if there's a technique that will allow you to prop it up with wedges. Either way. Its out of my league. The guys in the shop next to me do wood work for the college. I'll ask around on Monday and see if anyone is interested.

Post Thanks / Like
    We have had good results with those Teflon disks that you can place under the shrank and have it glide over the carpet and onto the floor. You only need to lift the shrank about 1/4 in. You should be able to make do with six disks unless it's really long but no more than eight.
    "A boy cannot become a girl and a man cannot become a woman, not even if he shuts his eyes and wishes really hard."

7. Likes just2cents liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Last edited by Rick; February 21st, 2016 at 6:55 AM. Reason: To fix the link
    "A boy cannot become a girl and a man cannot become a woman, not even if he shuts his eyes and wishes really hard."

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We have had good results with those Teflon disks that you can place under the shrank and have it glide over the carpet and onto the floor. You only need to lift the shrank about 1/4 in. You should be able to make do with six disks unless it's really long but no more than eight.
    I used those disks on a hard drive crusher that weighs 1100 pounds. I can move it now with one hand. They are fantastic.

10. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I understand you, Mac. The shrank I have was shipped back here from Germany. I watched the movers disassemble it, made notes, etc.
    When it got here I was totally lost and so were the movers who delivered it and stated they would put it together.
    Finally had a friend from Killeen who knew these things help. Took about an hour to reassemble it.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.