Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Wow! What a boy toy........mac

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! What a boy toy........mac

I wonder how long 'till there's several of these in our neighborhoods.....mac

https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/emb...SWtazRCM?rel=0

Post Thanks / Like
    I want 2.

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

Post Thanks / Like
    It looks to me like the propellers are not large enough to provide adequate lift.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    That's cool as hell.

Post Thanks / Like
    They may flly over our neighborhood but they'll never be parked here. There is not a person in the entire city, not even among the C12, that can meet the price tag that will be hanging on that thing, much less pay for the upkeep.

A great concept though.
    "A boy cannot become a girl and a man cannot become a woman, not even if he shuts his eyes and wishes really hard."

Post Thanks / Like
    Pretty neat, but that tilt rotor isn't very reliable. The Osprey has killed quite a few Marines.
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They may flly over our neighborhood but they'll never be parked here. There is not a person in the entire city, not even among the C12, that can meet the price tag that will be hanging on that thing, much less pay for the upkeep.

A great concept though.
    We know you'll have one. Hell, probably be the local dealer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fchafey View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pretty neat, but that tilt rotor isn't very reliable. The Osprey has killed quite a few Marines.
    is that true, Chafey? I've often thought so too but I had a recent discussion with someone still AD who reminded me lately that the Chinook is everybit as 'deadly' as the osprey is.....mac

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know about recent, but when they were first starting out with the Osprey program I was stationed in San Diego. I heard about several Ospreys going down. It was so bad that I thought they were going to nix the program.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good comparison, the CH47 with the Osprey. The Osprey wasn't operational until 2007. During testing from 91-2000 it killed 30 marines. Since 2007 -6. The Chinook has been around since the 60's you know that, and of course remember I am sure, the CH47 that went down at the '82 Manheim Airshow killing all 46. That crash was due to walnut shells, yep just like the media one uses to clean brass. Other than enemy action the other notable crash was the SF Chinook that went down in the Philippine Sea killing all ten in 2002. Since 2002, the CH47's record for non combat related fatalities has been spotless. My point was the unreliability of the tilt rotor, same with a fenestron instead of a tail rotor.
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast