Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: my new older boat

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sickofpc View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, NO(JCII), don't want to get into a BD contest here, but I caught an 8.5 lb. largemouth on Lake Fork, over 300 bass in two days on Lake Guerro with my brother, a 7 lb. bass on Toledo Bend, 200 whites on Lake Livingston in one day, along with a 6.5 lb. largemouth that morning(was fishing with my uncle who was a guide, as well as being a school supt.), and hundreds and hundreds of trout and reds fishing out of Port Mansfield and Port Isabel... caught hundreds of catfish drift fishing with my grandfather on Cross Lake, using catalpa worms and bloodbait, when I was a kid...... I also caught a 5 lb. bass (on a black chugger) from the bank out of one of the stock ponds in the pasture where we kept our horses when my kids were younger.....I didn't have to spend thousands of dollars for a boat, ..I bought a used boat in very good condition and enjoyed it very, very much. When I decided to sell it, I sold it for more than I bought it for....Where do you get that "most" people take their boats our 2 or 3 times a year???....I guess it's all in what you like to do as a hobby or sport, if you have one, or how you like to spend your recreational time.....I know that I have spent a lot of money on golf...green fees, travel, balls, clubs, gloves, shoes,etc....but, I enjoy golf, very much...as I enjoy fishing.
    I enjoy fishing just don't enjoy boats all that much and I like golf also.

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sickofpc View Post
    Well, NO(JCII), don't want to get into a BD contest here, but I caught an 8.5 lb. largemouth on Lake Fork, over 300 bass in two days on Lake Guerro with my brother, a 7 lb. bass on Toledo Bend, 200 whites on Lake Livingston in one day, along with a 6.5 lb. largemouth that morning(was fishing with my uncle who was a guide, as well as being a school supt.), and hundreds and hundreds of trout and reds fishing out of Port Mansfield and Port Isabel... caught hundreds of catfish drift fishing with my grandfather on Cross Lake, using catalpa worms and bloodbait, when I was a kid...... I also caught a 5 lb. bass (on a black chugger) from the bank out of one of the stock ponds in the pasture where we kept our horses when my kids were younger.....I didn't have to spend thousands of dollars for a boat, ..I bought a used boat in very good condition and enjoyed it very, very much. When I decided to sell it, I sold it for more than I bought it for....Where do you get that "most" people take their boats our 2 or 3 times a year???....I guess it's all in what you like to do as a hobby or sport, if you have one, or how you like to spend your recreational time.....I know that I have spent a lot of money on golf...green fees, travel, balls, clubs, gloves, shoes,etc....but, I enjoy golf, very much...as I enjoy fishing.
    well, it's certainly true that we overgrown boys sure do enjoy and spend a lot on our toys. i've got a fortune invested in my skeet guns, reloading equipment and supplies.....and that doesn't even take into account what i've spent for those damn clay pigeons that you can't even take home and cook!.....mac
    Last edited by mac; February 8th, 2016 at 11:14 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Owl View Post
    Biggest bass I ever caught was from the bank, 6+ lbs. Biggest fresh water fish I ever caught was from the bank, 18+ catfish using a cane pole. Didn't need to spend thousands of dollars for a boat and the black hole it puts in your wallet. Most people with a boat takes it out 2 or 3 times a year. Great investment, right J2C?
    well, NO, guess I have to hang with 2C on this one. the money i've spent on skeet, hunting, boating and fishing had nothing to do with investment or even needs....mac

4. Likes Night Owl liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    well, NO, guess I have to hang with 2C on this one. the money i've spent on skeet, hunting, boating and fishing had nothing to do with investment or even needs....mac
    To each their own, but I enjoy fishing from the bank.

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Owl View Post
    To each their own, but I enjoy fishing from the bank.
    Fort Hood National or Extraco?
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

7. LOL Night Owl, CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3