Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: my new older boat

Post Thanks / Like
    I would love to find a used bass boat, maybe a 14ft...maybe an old skeeter or something like it..stick steering, with an 18 or 25 on it. Small enough to pull easily, get in shallow water with,... be close to the water. Nothing really fancy or expensive... I do miss being out on the lake, very early in the morning, on a beautiful spring or summer day,..the water being like glass, the animals on the shore moving, throwing topwaters early, ....just relaxing and enjoying....hoping to catch a few.

2. Likes Night Owl liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sickofpc View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would love to find a used bass boat, maybe a 14ft...maybe an old skeeter or something like it..stick steering, with an 18 or 25 on it. Small enough to pull easily, get in shallow water with,... be close to the water. Nothing really fancy or expensive... I do miss being out on the lake, very early in the morning, on a beautiful spring or summer day,..the water being like glass, the animals on the shore moving, throwing topwaters early, ....just relaxing and enjoying....hoping to catch a few.
    You can do that from the bank.

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

Post Thanks / Like
    Not quite the same experience, NO...and you can't move around to different parts of the lake, fish different structure, depths, etc.,...but you know that don't you, NO....
    Last edited by sickofpc; February 6th, 2016 at 4:12 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Not quite the same experience, NO...and you can't move around to different parts of the lake, fish different structure, depths, etc.,...but you know that don't you, NO....
    It's a big, long bank and most fish are caught close to the bank anyway. I'm also almost positive the lake is at different depths along the bank. It starts at less than an inch and gets deeper the farther out you go and there are different structures all along the bank...... But you know that don't you, J2C.... Oh and fishing from the bank is better for the environment if you're into that sort of thing and I think you are.

Now you wanna go back to talking about the boat? I think it's a great boat and that 225 will push it across the water real nice. Bet it will even pull at least 2 skiers behind it. You agree don't you J2C? .........I bet you also agree that it's a lot cheaper fishing from the bank. Don't have to pay for the boat and its upkeep.

Post Thanks / Like
    You are sooo FOC, NO..lol....evidently, you must have never been fishing in your entire life, bless your heart....
    Last edited by sickofpc; February 6th, 2016 at 5:41 PM.

7. LOL Night Owl LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    You are sooo FOC, NO..lol....evidently, you must have never been fishing in your entire life, bless your heart....
    Evidently, you would be wrong, again.......

Post Thanks / Like
    Catching little bitty bream from the bank using a cane pole and worms isn't what I was talking about, NO...

10. LOL CenTexDave, Night Owl LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Go to the Lampasas River and fish from the bank. You might snag a gator.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

12. LOL Night Owl LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Catching little bitty bream from the bank using a cane pole and worms isn't what I was talking about, NO...
    Biggest bass I ever caught was from the bank, 6+ lbs. Biggest fresh water fish I ever caught was from the bank, 18+ catfish using a cane pole. Didn't need to spend thousands of dollars for a boat and the black hole it puts in your wallet. Most people with a boat takes it out 2 or 3 times a year. Great investment, right J2C?

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, NO(JCII), don't want to get into a BD contest here, but I caught an 8.5 lb. largemouth on Lake Fork, over 300 bass in two days on Lake Guerro with my brother, a 7 lb. bass on Toledo Bend, 200 whites on Lake Livingston in one day, along with a 6.5 lb. largemouth that morning(was fishing with my uncle who was a guide, as well as being a school supt.), and hundreds and hundreds of trout and reds fishing out of Port Mansfield and Port Isabel... caught hundreds of catfish drift fishing with my grandfather on Cross Lake, using catalpa worms and bloodbait, when I was a kid...... I also caught a 5 lb. bass (on a black chugger) from the bank out of one of the stock ponds in the pasture where we kept our horses when my kids were younger.....I didn't have to spend thousands of dollars for a boat, ..I bought a used boat in very good condition and enjoyed it very, very much. When I decided to sell it, I sold it for more than I bought it for....Where do you get that "most" people take their boats our 2 or 3 times a year???....I guess it's all in what you like to do as a hobby or sport, if you have one, or how you like to spend your recreational time.....I know that I have spent a lot of money on golf...green fees, travel, balls, clubs, gloves, shoes,etc....but, I enjoy golf, very much...as I enjoy fishing.
    Last edited by sickofpc; February 8th, 2016 at 7:17 AM.

15. Likes Night Owl liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast