Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Tree Talk (Messages moved from Rain Topic)

Post Thanks / Like
    I tried to look that up and couldn't find anything that stated hickory trees are illegal in TX.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Moving citrus trees into Texas is illegal. I have provided a link to the Black Hickory Tree from our dear scholars at Texas A&M. I do suspect it is severely frowned upon to plant Black hickory Trees next to White Oaks in some parts of Eastern Texas. Sorry I couldn't resist.

http://texastreeid.tamu.edu/content/TreeDetails/?id=24
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

3. LOL cnjbond, Night Owl, just2cents LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    oh ye of little faith. just try and order one from all of the seed and garden books that will soon be hitting your mail box.....mac
    Live as if you were living a second time, and as though you had acted wrongly the first time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    oh ye of little faith. just try and order one from all of the seed and garden books that will soon be hitting your mail box.....mac
    Did you sign me up for seed and garden books? Because I sure don't get any of those.

6. LOL CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    The TDA in concert with Texas A and M has an entire list of trees that are considered an invasive or harmful species.

But I have yet to see the tree police checking anything out lately. If they were they would see a number of dreaded Mimosas in my neighborhood.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like
    I see lots of mimosas along many country roads here in SE Alabama.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sojourner truth View Post
    The TDA in concert with Texas A and M has an entire list of trees that are considered an invasive or harmful species.

But I have yet to see the tree police checking anything out lately. If they were they would see a number of dreaded Mimosas in my neighborhood.
    they would, for sure, see a very proud Mimosa in my yard....we call it our Umbrella tree. It's been the site of many gatherings for the last 25 years or so......mac
    Live as if you were living a second time, and as though you had acted wrongly the first time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great tree... Messy but great.

If you ever get any seedlings that pop up, give me a holler.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sojourner truth View Post
    Great tree... Messy but great.

If you ever get any seedlings that pop up, give me a holler.
    will do, but i'm pretty sure mine's a male......mac

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    will do, but i'm pretty sure mine's a male......mac
    I still haven't figured that one pout yet.... Checking between their legs is hard to do...

But it's like my ash trees... The one in back is a male and the one in front (a Texas Ash) is a female... Seed pods dropping everywhere and sprouting up saplings every year. Problem I am having with it now is the root system which is starting to really mess with my driveway and maybe even my foundation.... Very invasive top rooting systems on ash trees.

I am really curious to see how my apple tree sapling is going to fare throughout this winter, and if it survives to spring... It still has healthy green leaves and started as a seed and is now over 4 feet tall....

13. LOL CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast