Thread: Pearl Harbor

Post Thanks / Like

Pearl Harbor

I hope everyone remember to say a prayer for the Pearl Harbor casualties. I forgot till midmorning, shame on me.
    Larry K. Cole
    U.S. Army Retired
    Real Estate Appraiser

Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD. Psalm 33:12

Post Thanks / Like
    I was too busy praying for the people who lost their lives in the American Revolution, the War of 1812, and WWI.
    "A boy cannot become a girl and a man cannot become a woman, not even if he shuts his eyes and wishes really hard."

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was too busy praying for the people who lost their lives in the American Revolution, the War of 1812, and WWI.
    Good for you. I hope you do that daily. It is just that today was a separate, specials day. I assume we will be praying on 11/11/16.
    Larry K. Cole
    U.S. Army Retired
    Real Estate Appraiser

Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD. Psalm 33:12

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    Good for you. I hope you do that daily. It is just that today was a separate, specials day. I assume we will be praying on 11/11/16.
    to be bluntly serious about it, i have more than i can handle just praying for folks who have not yet reached their........earthly end......in fact, I'm not at all sure what I would ask God for in regards to someone who has already met his or her.....fate. Could I ask him to maybe change his mind.....or maybe cut someone some slack or something like that.....you kind of got me on this one.....obviously, I'm not one of these guys that believe in purgatory or anything along those lines. it just seems to me like if you don't make it before you die, you damned sure ain't gona get any 2nd shots at it......mac (it's given man once to die and then the.......well, if you really give a sh1t, you know how the rest of it goes.....mac
    Last edited by mac; December 7th, 2015 at 8:27 PM.
    Live as if you were living a second time, and as though you had acted wrongly the first time.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was not born yet, but my thoughts and prayers are with those brave souls that were ambushed. This event made the U.S enter WWII and most likely saved a lot of people. War is ugly, but the soldier is most always worth our thought and prayer.

Ludwig and mac, I'm sad that you make light of this. It's important to Grumpy, shame on you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by siamcat View Post
    I was not born yet, but my thoughts and prayers are with those brave souls that were ambushed. This event made the U.S enter WWII and most likely saved a lot of people. War is ugly, but the soldier is most always worth our thought and prayer.

Ludwig and mac, I'm sad that you make light of this. It's important to Grumpy, shame on you.
    Shame! I know not the word. Never have, never will. A pox on all who would wish it upon me.
    "A boy cannot become a girl and a man cannot become a woman, not even if he shuts his eyes and wishes really hard."

7. LOL Night Owl, siamcat LOL'd at this post