Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: O-H-I...UH-OH

Post Thanks / Like
    From what I've read he blew a .09 - barely over the limit and the cops said he appeared coherent and ok. The only reason they stopped
    him was because he saw the check point and turned around.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Where did he get the alcohol?!!!!! Come on Dave, he's in college..that stuff is flowing through the water fountains!

I dont think he should be suspended for the rest of the season but it should've been more than 1 game.
    The difference between try and triumph is just a little umph! ~ Marvin Philliips

3. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CenTexDave View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    From what I've read he blew a .09 - barely over the limit and the cops said he appeared coherent and ok. The only reason they stopped
    him was because he saw the check point and turned around.
    Was he over the legal limit? Yes..
    Doesn't matter if he was just barely over the limit, he was wrong.
    Was he treated like a normal citizen? No.
    Why? He plays college football.
    Did he know he was wrong? Yes.
    Did he try to sneak away? Yes.
    Was he old enough, by law, to be drinking? No.
    Did he get arrested? No.
    Why? He plays college football for OSU.

list one thing he did right that night.

i would say the same thing about any college athlete. I don't defend kids when they do something stupid. The stupidity continue by the coach and athletic director and the university.

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

Post Thanks / Like
    Would you be saying the same thing if he would of killed someone while driving? Where is the line?

Post Thanks / Like
    But he didn't.

Should someone who gets stopped for speeding get the book thrown at them because they could've killed someone? If that's your measuring stick, then the jails would be filled....probably with everyone that's made a post to this thread.
    The difference between try and triumph is just a little umph! ~ Marvin Philliips

7. LOL Night Owl LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sure the cop is very popular in Columbus now.
    Easy to get booze/beer there - I went there and am proud to state they were ranked #1 in beer consumption at that time!!!!!!!!!!
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cnjbond View Post
    But he didn't.

Should someone who gets stopped for speeding get the book thrown at them because they could've killed someone? If that's your measuring stick, then the jails would be filled....probably with everyone that's made a post to this thread.
    I agree. The cop needs to use some common sense.
    I was stopped one night going into the front gate of Ft. Devens - flashed my brights instead of dimming the headlights. MP asked me what I was doing
    driving in that condition. Told him I was too drunk to walk. After they LOL'd they drove me home.

10. LOL gnatsum LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cnjbond View Post
    But he didn't.

There is a difference between speeding and drinking and driving, and you know that. Just an excuse.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Owl View Post
    There is a difference between speeding and drinking and driving, and you know that. Just an excuse.
    What's the difference? Both are breaking the law and both can result in someone dying. Texting and driving is probably worse than drinking and driving as far as driver impairment goes. He's just VERY fortunate that nothing more serious happened. I don't think anyone's making an excuse, just wanting a little common sense to be applied to the situation. I'm sure we've all done dumb things in high school and college that if caught, we would've been in deep kimchi! There's definitely a lesson for him to be learned and I don't think a 1 game suspension is enough to teach him that lesson of the severity of what he did and what could've happened.

Post Thanks / Like
    From information I have read(see link), someone under 21 driving with a blood alcohol reading of .02 can be cited. Also it states that there is a mandatory 72 hours in jail. http://dui.drivinglaws.org/ohio.php
    Last edited by birdfriend; October 31st, 2015 at 5:14 PM.

14. Thanks CenTexDave, Night Owl thanked this post
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast