Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Week 9 Games

Post Thanks / Like

Week 9 Games

OFF: Shoemaker (6-2, 3-1)

Thursday game:

Belton (3-4, 1-2 district) @ Ellison (6-2, 2-2 district)

Friday games:

Copperas Cove (2-6, 2-2 district) @ Harker Heights (1-6, 0-3 district)

Killeen (2-5, 1-2 district) @ Waco Midway (4-3, 3-0 district)

Post Thanks / Like
    My predictions:
    Belton over Ellison
    Cove over Heights
    Midway over Killeen
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think Daves predictions are right. I would watch Belton. They have been hot and cold. I could see an Ellison upset over belton then possibly a later Belton upset over Midway. The district is weak this year but balanced. The 11 6 A teams will probably massacre our teams in round 1.

4. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I have tickets for the Ellison game, so I guess I'll see Thursday night how good the Eagles are against a relative unknown..

I think they can win if they keep the same defense they had last week, and do a little better on having their receivers hang on to easy catches.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

6. Likes JohnKilleen liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ellison pretty much needs to win Thursday for a playoff spot. In fact they clinch with a win on Thursday and a Killeen loss Friday. Lose and even if they manage to upset Midway they have to hope Belton loses their last 2 and/or the Roos don't run the table.

So it's gonna be tough to beat Belton, they're gonna have to pull out all the stops pretty much. They are capable though.

8. Likes sojourner truth liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've been very proud of the Ellison Eagles this year. They have always played hard....and their losses have been close, ...but, I do not think they can beat either Belton or Midway,..both, very, very tough teams. This does not take away from their very successful year. They have been very, very good...and had a really good year.

10. Likes CenTexDave, JohnKilleen liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Cove wins out against Heights and Shoemaker they will be in the playoffs.
    With a 4-6 record!!!!
    Ridiculous.
    Save the state, districts and fans some money - stay at home. Will only be another 60-14 demolition anyway.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CenTexDave View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If Cove wins out against Heights and Shoemaker they will be in the playoffs.
    With a 4-6 record!!!!
    Ridiculous.
    Save the state, districts and fans some money - stay at home. Will only be another 60-14 demolition anyway.
    Even if they win 1 of those 2 it's likely they'll still be in.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just shows how absolutely crappy 12-6A is.
    I remember when the district we were all in had some power. Ever since we got put in Region 1 we've stunk it up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Our district is actually in Region 2. Over the years I have noticed how much stronger the metro suburban districts have become. I believe it will be unusual for the old 6a power teams to make it far in the playoffs anymore. Hard to get past Allen, Cedar Hill, Southlake, the Houston area schools. Would be great if our Centex teams lost some enrollment and dropped to 5a. Teams are still tough but the numbers are more equal. It did Temple a world of good.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast