Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Week 9 Games

Post Thanks / Like
    Cove "lost" some enrollment a bunch of years back. it didnt work out too well for them. Oh it did at first, then got splattered in teh second round. Think it was DeSoto? it was in San Antonio. Alot of crying in the editorail about the lack of sportmanship of the part of the other team. It wasnt the points but the trash talking.
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

Post Thanks / Like
    Cove is still a small 6-A school.
    Believe that was a 70 point shellacking they put on the Dawgs. And they (DeSoto) was ranked #1 at the time I believe.
    Cove has just run out of the talent pool they had from 1998-2010 or so.
    Haven't made it past the first round since then.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

3. Thanks fchafey thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cove did make it to the finals 2 years in a row when they were 4A (what is now 5a). The North Texas schools that do so well have a great pool of talent. They keep that line open by parents moving into areas that have great programs and their kids involved in football have an opportunity to succeed. Size maynot always count....the 3 Plano schools are huge, but Allen is larger and it looks like Plano has lost its former glory. For old school Texas HS football lovers, at least Mighty Mojo, Pemian, seems to be back on track some.

Post Thanks / Like
    Plano has now, what, 4 high schools? Maybe even 5. Definitely diluted the talent, but then again who wants their kid going to a high school with 15,000 kids?
    Yep, Cove made two finals. Also the 5-A (now 6-A) semis in 2009. Regional finals in 2003 and 1998.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Plano has 3 senior high schools and I believe some others for lower levels. The UIL participation is for the 3 Plano Sr Highs. I think they are all near 4000 each and Allen is about 5000. Way too many kids to control in one school. One thing schools and their backers seem to forget, the good times don't last forever...unless you are Katy. Remember how Temple fell on bad times after years of being on top. They seem to be on an upward swing again and their fans have that obnoxious attitude, but they can fall back to reality with a few weak years. Sorry...I am old school Killeen and Temple was always our number 1 rival.

Post Thanks / Like
    It happens to most schools - Temple went through it, Odessa Permian, Midland Lee, even Cove. Allen will go through it too. Southlake Carroll ruled the roost for a few years. Now they just rate a B+.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like I am going to get wet Thursday night...

I am trying hard not to make any "I'm mellllting, I'm melllting" jokes to my wife.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like
    Don't wish to "put a damper" on your Thursday night, but hope we get a typhoon.

10. LOL sojourner truth LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CenTexDave View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Don't wish to "put a damper" on your Thursday night, but hope we get a typhoon.
    We have rain coats and umbrellas....

And 20 plus years of getting used to living in the rain.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

12. LOL CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just so no thunderstorm and lightning. I spent more than a couple occasions at Bulldawg Stadium waiting out a lightning storm under the bleachers. Not a fun thing.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast