Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Week 8 Games (Rivalry Week)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Owl View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    13-10?
    Pshh not even that. But big win for the Eagles. I've heard the kid taken on a stretcher was taken that way mostly for precautionary reasons.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sojourner truth View Post
    Have to sit on the visitors side this week... And leave an hour early just to get parking...

Last weeks game was the same, as the Cove fans decided that they wanted to park on the home side, and try and commandeer some seats they didn't pay for. There were a bunch of spats between season ticket holders and folks who just decided they were going to sit wherever they wanted to. It was ugly for about the first quarter in the bleachers.
    There were a bunch of Eagles on the home side parking last night, but they were no trouble at all...imagine that the visitors' side didn't have enough parking for everyone. Game was good; kids were awesome; good time, but I do not want to go to work today. Hate cross-town games on Thursdays.

3. LOL cnjbond LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I see both offenses were on fire last night.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

5. LOL Night Owl LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    The visitors side was 110% full, that's for sure. We came 1 1/2 hours early just to get a spot.

The defense won that game for the Eagles. Never seen so many easy passes dropped in my life. They have work to do with their receivers.

But it was a hard fought game for sure. It could have just as easily been a 6 to 2 loss. AN odd score in any case.

Good job Eagles.

Oh, and that young man who injured his neck went up for a pass in the end zone and ran into the goal post with his head... Which was the only reason he didn't make the touchdown. If he had not hit the goal post, we would have lost. I pray he is OK...
    Last edited by sojourner truth; October 16th, 2015 at 10:41 AM.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

7. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I followed it on Twitters by KDH Pressbox. Nice they send a reporter to the game; too bad the reporter doesn't provide much info. About 12 Tweets during the entire game.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CenTexDave View Post
    I followed it on Twitters by KDH Pressbox. Nice they send a reporter to the game; too bad the reporter doesn't provide much info. About 12 Tweets during the entire game.
    ain't that 'bout one every 5 minutes? that don't sound too shabby.....mac

Post Thanks / Like
    That 12 also included the likes of........."we're here at Leo Buckley getting ready for kickoff", "now the Star Spangled Banner", half time stats for Ellison, half time stats for Killeen.
    The idiot didn't even post the final score.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great defensive effort by the Dawgs last night.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CenTexDave View Post
    That 12 also included the likes of........."we're here at Leo Buckley getting ready for kickoff", "now the Star Spangled Banner", half time stats for Ellison, half time stats for Killeen.
    The idiot didn't even post the final score.
    Probably ran out of minutes on his cell plan.
    "Argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says." 'Argument Clinic', Monty Python's Flying Circus

13. LOL CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Could've gotten worse for Heights had Shoemaker not tried to play cute after marching to a 14-0 lead. Knights do have a pretty gritty defense though.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast