Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Legal Expenses

Post Thanks / Like

Legal Expenses

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

2. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Saddened by Night Owl is saddened by this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    And to think that someone that wanted to be on the school board is also one that making the district spend education money on lawyers.
    TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

4. Thanks curmudgeon thanked this post
    Saddened by Yve is saddened by this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe if this district would get it heads out she wouldn't have to.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

6. Thanks Yve, schiperno thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    The remark by Mr. Lawler is disturbing to me about "if I were a parent and didn't get what I want...." I think that many of the issues with SPED are from parents insisting unreasonable demands be met. It's impossible to give every single SPED kid one-on-one services 100% of the time.

On a different note, I struggled somewhat with the "extra time" modification for students in my classes. I started giving the "extra time" kids different assignments because it wasn't fair that the on-level kids had to wait so long to get their papers back. I think my ability to teach might have been better had I had a class of all SPED, instead of having to struggle with two different levels in one classroom, giving each what they needed and deserved.

Take this comment for whatever it's worth. I'm a classroom teacher; I have no desire whatsoever to be anything other than a classroom teacher; I have no special insight into the administrators' world; I do have special ed kids in my family; I have been somewhat satisfied with the high school services they got and are getting, except that I think the SPED staff set one of them up for a huge disappointment because, except for a miracle, there is no way he will able to get the college degree he would like. What's wrong with telling some kids, "College is not the best choice for you?"
    Last edited by Imagine; October 4th, 2015 at 12:33 PM.

8. Thanks Yve, curmudgeon, Night Owl thanked this post
    Likes cuatro liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Another week, another hit piece on KISD by the KDH.

Shocking!

I loved how the parent wants to bring a lawyer, but doesn't think the district should do the same.

10. LOL CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Seriously. I wonder who, or what, at KISD has peeved off the KDH so much.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CenTexDave View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Seriously. I wonder who, or what, at KISD has peeved off the KDH so much.
    but......we have no idea from the KDH what's been done to the guy with a handfull of superglue.....i guess he's still out there lookin' for another victim....the KDH is absolutely the worst paper I've ever seen when it comes to followin' up on stuff.....mac

13. Likes CenTexDave, Night Owl liked this post
    LOL just2cents LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Imagine hit the nail on the head... The ultimate goal is to get one on one instruction for every SPED student that is identified. And every parent thinks their child is special. And each child and each teacher will have to have a referee or supervisor, as I said before.

And the reason is that parents have come to learn that they have the power to make money off of perceived inefficiencies in the system. All it takes is for one teacher to say or do the wrong thing, or anything that could be taken as wrong, to one student and boom... lawsuit. Every word and action for each day will have to be taped and filed for future reference.

Consider it the same thing as mesothelioma for students... And the ambulance chasers are the SPED lawyers who make a living and a fortune off of the ISDs.

Like Ralph Cramden used to say... This is another fine mess you've gotten us in to Ed

Or Maybe like Ed used to say... "I've worked in the sewer system all my life and I've had it up to here".
    We have met the enemy and he is us... POGO

15. Likes Ang liked this post
    LOL CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sojourner truth View Post
    Imagine hit the nail on the head... The ultimate goal is to get one on one instruction for every SPED student that is identified. And every parent thinks their child is special. And each child and each teacher will have to have a referee or supervisor, as I said before.

And the reason is that parents have come to learn that they have the power to make money off of perceived inefficiencies in the system. All it takes is for one teacher to say or do the wrong thing, or anything that could be taken as wrong, to one student and boom... lawsuit. Every word and action for each day will have to be taped and filed for future reference.

Consider it the same thing as mesothelioma for students... And the ambulance chasers are the SPED lawyers who make a living and a fortune off of the ISDs.

Like Ralph Cramden used to say... This is another fine mess you've gotten us in to Ed

Or Maybe like Ed used to say... "I've worked in the sewer system all my life and I've had it up to here".
    OMGoodness! I'm showing my age; I actually know who Ed and Ralph are. Wonder if Alice ever got back from the moon?

17. LOL Night Owl, CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Another week, another hit piece on KISD by the KDH.

Shocking!

I loved how the parent wants to bring a lawyer, but doesn't think the district should do the same.
    "Hit" is about the right word. District is an easy target because it can't respond with specific details involving students which makes it look like it's hiding something when it's actually protecting students' privacy rights.

That was a TERRIBLE sentence; I'm going to bed...too much partying this weekend.

19. Likes curmudgeon liked this post
Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast