Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Week 5 Games/District Openers

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CenTexDave View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Guess you haven't been to a high school game in years. Halftimes can take as much as 40 minutes.
    UIL needs to cut it. No reason for the visiting school's band to perform.
    I love seeing the visiting band play. It would be boring, is boring, to watch the same school preform the same thing every single game.
    VOTE Rainwater and Snyder!!

BOYCOTT
    - Wells Laundry *Extraco Bank *Towne Services Moving and Storage *Purser Construction *Toyota of Killeen Patriot Buick *Bigham Kliewer Chapman & Watts Insurance Agency

Post Thanks / Like
    Then go to an away game. .
    The point is these halftimes are wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy tooooooooooooo longggggggggggg. Halftime is supposed to be 15 minutes.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

3. Thanks Night Owl thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would be for the away team playing pre-game, home team at half time or vice versa. Football is the only UIL sport where halftime is more than half of the time that the actual game is played (48 minute game, 28 minute halftime).

5. Thanks CenTexDave thanked this post
    Likes birdfriend liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I never saw many 28 minute halftimes. Most were much longer. I realize the bands use these times to perform and practice for their upcoming competitions. Part of the problem, as I have witnessed, appears to be the visitor's band
    plays first and runs a little over the time limit. The home band, not wanting to be outdone, then decides it will perform its whole routine. Now we have 40+ minute halftimes.
    I'll never forget the halftime at Cove's state championship game against Rosenberg Lamar Consolidated at RRISD's Crystal Palace. Lamar Consolidated's band went first and it took over 20 minutes. By the time Cove finished, and they
    were told by the officials to get off the field () it was 40 minutes. 40 minutes sitting there in sub-zero temperatures with a wind chill of around 10 degrees. Screw that - I paid to watch a football game, not a band contest.
    Soooooo - I like your idea. Visiting band performs prior to the game and home band during halftime. 15 minutes and get the hell off the field!!!!!!!
    Last edited by CenTexDave; September 28th, 2015 at 12:09 PM.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

7. Likes Night Owl liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    At Friday nights Ellison/HHHS game, the UIL band competition was the first time Ellison did their entire routine. The HHHS took up a lot of time, and that was fine with me. Ellisons band did the same. The part that peeved me was when HHHS was so rude as to march out their team on the sidelines while Ellisons band was still performing. They not only came out on the sidelines, but started warming up next to and on the field while the band members were still doing their thing. I found it extremely offensive. Many parents come to the game just for the halftime show, as is obvious when the bleachers empty half of their numbers after the show.

As far as Robinsons ER visit, he may have gone to an Emergency Care Clinic. Those go a lot faster usually... Plus it was pretty late in the evening and the wait may have been shorter then.

And no, I am not a huge fan of the halftime shows... To me it is a part of the game day experience that makes it enjoyable and unique... Besides, it looks like the extra quality time spent in the locker room with coach did some good.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like
    Games start at 7:30PM, except Thursday night games which start at 7PM.
    48 minutes of actual clock play and these games don't get over for 3 hours??!!!!
    Sorry, but they need to cut the halftime back dramatically.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CenTexDave View Post
    Then go to an away game. .
    The point is these halftimes are wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy tooooooooooooo longggggggggggg. Halftime is supposed to be 15 minutes.
    I do.

BOYCOTT
    - Wells Laundry *Extraco Bank *Towne Services Moving and Storage *Purser Construction *Toyota of Killeen Patriot Buick *Bigham Kliewer Chapman & Watts Insurance Agency

Post Thanks / Like
    I can't remember if it was posted on here or another forum but apparently the refs told the players to get out there on the field. Who knows....

BOYCOTT

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by xzochye View Post
    I can't remember if it was posted on here or another forum but apparently the refs told the players to get out there on the field. Who knows....
    I made that comment because I was down there with them and that's how it went down. Also chatted with the Ellison band before they went on... nice kids who I am sure work hard at their craft.

13. Thanks xzochye thanked this post
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5